Over to Rainbow
- Rainbow Finds Pot of Gold In Stand-Alone Sundance. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;5/12/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p4
This article focuses on the cable television network Cablevision. Their Rainbow Media Holdings acquired the Sundance Channel, co-owned by NBC Universal, Showtime Networks, and actor Robert Redford. The acquisition was worth $496 million. The channel will be a stand-alone property, as implied by...
- SUNDANCE FOR SALE? // Broadcasting & Cable;3/24/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 12, p31
The article reports on the selling of Sundance Channel, a joint venture of NBC Universal Inc. and Robert Redford of CBS Broadcasting Co. According to Rich Greenfield, Pali Research analyst, the channel is looking forward to be sold for $400 million. He mentioned that the possible buyer includes,...
- Sundance Channel Puts Self on Block, Analyst Says. Jensen, Elizabeth // Television Week;3/24/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p4
The article reports that the Sundance Channel has put itself up for sale, according to analyst Richard Greenfield of Pali Capital's research arm, who cited multiple sources. Sundance had no immediate comment on the report, which said the cable network, with 26 million pay and digital basic...
- ZUCKER WEARS NEW HAT WITH BRAVO DEAL. // Variety;12/16/2002, Vol. 389 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the acquisition of the cable network from Cablevision by NBC Entertainment. Value of the acquisition; Role of the executives of NBC on the management of the acquired network.
- Sundance deal draws top dollar. HAYES, DADE; DEMPSEY, JOHN // Daily Variety;5/8/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 24, p1
The article highlights the purchase by Cablevision's Rainbow Media of Sundance Channel for $496 million. Presumably, the deal has been conceived out of Rainbow's long-term goal to fold IFC Network and Sundance together. As a result of the deal, Sundance comes to meet its fifth owner in the past...
- Robert Redford Sues New York over $1.6M Tax Tab for Selling Sundance Channel. Cohn, Michael // Accountingtoday.com;8/8/2014, p10
The article reports that movie actor Robert Redford has launched a lawsuit against the state of New York for ordering him to pay 1.6 million U.S. dollars related to the sale of the Sundance Channel, arguing that taxes were already paid to the state of Utah.
- Bucks, capacity and the Sundance Kid. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;05/08/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 20, p42
Focuses on the strategy of the Sundance Channel in handling distribution talks. Appearance of the founder of the channel, actor Robert Redford, in distribution negotiations to help his firm; Number of subscribers of the channel, a joint venture among Redford, Viacom's Showtime Networks and...
- Sundance net on script. Marechal, A. J. // Daily Variety;11/8/2012, Vol. 317 Issue 29, p6
The article reports on the scripted development slate for 2013-14 of Sundance Channel LLC which features projects from Steve Buscemi and Robert Redford.
- Cablevision vs. FCC (Again). Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;2/14/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p9
The article reports on the Cablevision Systems Corp.'s case against the program-access rules of the U.S. Federal Communication Commission (FCC). It reports on the impact of the case on the merging of the Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc. which will be approved by FCC if the companies will...