Sharing the Wealth
- 'Hat Trick' Has Crown Crowing. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/10/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p24
The article reports that Crown Media Inc., the parent of Hallmark Channel, has reached a multi-year carriage deal with DirecTV Inc. in an effort to make the network available in almost 16.8 million homes of the satellite TV. The deal comes on the heels of a pact of Crown Media with Time Warner...
- DirecTV to Uncouple Premium Tiers. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;1/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on the plan to update the programming packages of DirecTV Inc. in the United States. Shift of premium sports and movie channels from bundles including basic-cable networks; Price of the individual packages; Simplicity and flexibility of premium tiers.
- DIRECTV: Bringing a Whole New Entertainment Experience. // Siliconindia;Oct2009, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p42
A preview of the DirectTV cable service from DirectTV Inc is presented.
- Merger possibilities in U.K. cable. // High Yield Report;09/20/99, Vol. 10 Issue 36, p8
Reports that Telewest was in talks with United Pan-Europe Communications about a possible alliance, continuing the consolidation trend in the cable industry of the United Kingdom.
- The Comeback of Cable TV. GUNTHER, MARC; ROBERTS, BRIAN // Fortune;
Discusses the status of the cable television industry in 1997. The efforts of Bill Gates' Microsoft Corp. to aquire a portion of Comcast; The partnership between Rupert Murdoch and Saban Entertainment; Other evidence of a renewed interest in cable.
- Kids nets siphon off skeins to enhance brand. Zahed, Ramin // Daily Variety;5/3/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 46, pA2
Reports on the strategy of cable television networks for children to broaden brand identity and increase viewer base in the U.S. Partnership between Nickelodeon and CBS Corp.; Liaisons between Discovery Kids and National Broadcasting Network Co. Inc.; Influence of alliances on the creation and...
- Newhouse Response Due Today. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/1/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p2
Focuses on the possible departure of cable systems firm Newhouse from the AOL Time Warner Entertainment and Advance Publications Inc. partnership in the U.S. Impact of the departure on subscribers; Negotiations with Time Warner; Percentage of the ownership of Newhouse and Advance in the...
- DirecTV platinum subscribers to get more channels by year's end. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;10/12/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p34
Reports that subscribers of DirecTV Inc.'s platinum cable television package in Puerto Rico will get a free HBO channel for free. Total number of cable television subscribers aimed to be achieved by DirecTV by year-end 2000; Features of the additional HBO channel; Current number of homes and...
- DirecTV, Time Warner Add Fine Living. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;9/30/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p36
Reports the deal between DirecTV Inc. and Fine Living in the U.S. Number of homes with access to the cable television network; Details on the special television programs of Fine Living for the month of October; Impact of the channel on the services of Time Warner Cable.