FearNet Flicks Are Fo' Shizzle
- Cable then and now: halfway home. Schley, Stewart // CED;Jun2013, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p10
The article compares the condition of broadcasting industry and cable television in the previous and the present era in the U.S. It mentions that during the year 1987, cable networks have gained recognition in the U.S. households but in the year 2013 cable networks have decreased to 59.3 percent...
- Study: Spot and TV Better Than $1 Fee. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;12/5/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p23
The article focuses on the preference of consumers to watch a television program with commercials for free over paying $1 to receive the show without advertisements according to a research conducted by Marquest Research in the U.S. Homes with video-on-demand or digital video recorders were most...
- 'MUSICAL'S' BIG SCORE. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;8/22/2007, Vol. 296 Issue 37, p5
The article reports on the survey indicating that a weekend triple play of the Disney Channel's "High School Musical 2" drew a total of 33.22 million viewers, which helped the network rise to No. 3 in viewers among all networks in the U.S. Premiere of High School Musical has achieved 17.24...
- Levin: video-on-demand a go at HBO. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;06/07/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 4, p34
Reports on the plans of Home Box Office (HBO) to launch an HBO video-on-demand (VOD) subscription service in the United States. Features of the venture; Assembly of the rights to start the VOD channel; Implementation of the involvement of studios and others selling programming to the network.
- Cable Rates, Another View. MCADAMS, DEBORAH D. // TV Technology;2/13/2013, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p6
In this article, the author discusses the variation in the cable rates offered by several cable operators to their subscribers and also states that cable costs are different for a company with 15 million subscribers and the company with 3000 subscribers.
- News video on demand. // TVB Europe;Aug2001, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p20
Provides information on the digital center owned by Network News Service (NNS) in New York. Integration of video and editorial information; Importance of media management system; Methods that networks are using to pass on the video.
- New Arkoff monster pix set for HBO. Bernstein, Paula; Lyons, Charles // Daily Variety;02/23/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 58, p1
Reports that cable television network Home Box Office has signed a pre-buy deal for `Creature Features,' a series of films inspired by the monster movies produced by Samuel Z. Arkoff. Key people behind the movies; Opportunity for directors to play with their own concepts of fear.
- Classic Sports Founders To Tip College Sports Net. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/10/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p43
Reports on the introduction of National College Sports Network to the cable business. Games aired on the network; Capital money used for the launching of the network; Partnership of the network with Big Ten Conference.
- HBO to Launch SVOD in South Carolina. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/11/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p177
Reports the launching of subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) services by Home Box Office (HBO) in the United States. Efforts of several companies in launching SVOD; Price range of the services; Plans of Adelphia Communications Corp. to offer SVOD services.