- Leading the Way. SCHLLING, BECKY // FoodService Director;4/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p66
The article profiles Bruce Thomas, associate vice president (VP) of Guest Services at Geisinger Health System in Danville, Pennsylvania and one of the recipients of the 2011 International Foodservice Manufacturers Association (IFMA) Silver Plate Award. The ability to monitor historical trends is...
- Training with Technology. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;10/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p68
The article reports on e-training as a convenient way to teach employees new programs and to review safety procedures in the foodservice industry. In 2007, the dietetic interns at Geisinger Health System in Danville, Pennsylvania, were given an assignment to develop an online training program....
- GEISINGER HEALTH SYSTEM: Managing results and costs is a delicate balance. Lawn, John // Food Management;Aug2009, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p16
The article features the food service business of physician-led health care and center Geisinger Health System in Danville, Pennsylvania. It details the structure and culture of the wellness center's approach to managing food services, and cites how the center manages to offer high-quality care...
- UNDER 30. // FoodService Director;6/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p32
An interview with two food service employees including Linda Lien Ribardi, the marketing specialist at Tulane University in New Orleans, and Rebecca Crotti, the Healthy Selections coordinator at Geisinger Health System in Danville, Pennsylvania is presented. Ribardi discusses the accomplishment...
- Sizing up Pennsylvania. Cerne, Frank // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;9/5/93, Vol. 67 Issue 17, p52
Discusses the rightsizing efforts at Geisinger health system. Components of the system; Integration of the components by establishing a network of primary care clinics; Placing physician specialists and primary care physicians in areas where they are most needed; Coping with capitation; Quality...
- Facility saves with checklist of best practices. // Same-Day Surgery;Jan2010, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the development of ProvenCare, a price guarantee checklist for some patients, by Geisinger Health System in Danville, Pennsylvania.
- Lifestyle drugs: One health plan's actions. // Formulary;Jan1999, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p58
Presents the decisions made by Geisinger Health Plan concerning several lifestyle-drugs as well as new `life-enhancing' uses of already approved drugs in the United States. Includes sildefanil; Growth hormone; Retinoids; Anabolic steroids; Wellbutrin SR.
- New CafÃ© Debuts at Geisinger. // Food Management;Feb2013, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p10
The article informs that Geisinger Health System has opened a retail cafe at its medical center complex located at Danville, Pennsylvania.
- HIT roundup. // Medical Device Daily;5/26/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 102, p4
The article reports that Danville, Pennsylvania-based Geisinger Health Systems is one of the first healthcare organizations in the U.S. to deploy advanced technology which combines a computer-assisted coding application with natural language comprehension (NCL).