Something to Talk About
- Mini-mart Maven. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;11/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p38
Profiles Patty Guist, director of associate programs and services at Humana Inc. Career background; Description of her job at Humana; Effectiveness of her cost-cutting efforts at the firm.
- Giving Them What They Want. // FoodService Director;5/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p50
Offers a look at efforts among companies in the business-and-industry arena toward disclosure of nutritional values for menu options. Comments from Patty Guist, director of workplace solutions at Humana Inc.; Step taken by Humana toward increasing consumer awareness about the foods they are...
- A Different World. // FoodService Director;1/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p10
Interviews several corporate dining specialists regarding cost control and other food service-related issues. Patty Guist, director of associate programs and services in Humana Inc.; Amy Greenberg, senior vice president of Citigroup in New York; Michael Sweet, manager of corporate food services...
- Humana takes gag clauses out of contracts. // AHA News;11/04/96, Vol. 32 Issue 44, p5
Reports on Humana Inc.'s plan to eliminate gag clause from its managed care contracts with physicians and to inform providers that any such clauses now in effect will not be enforced. Clauses' aim to protect health plans from slander.
- Insurance giant Humana jockeys to enter market. Santiago, Raquel // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/16/95, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p1
Reports on Humana Inc.'s expansion plan in Cleveland, Ohio. Health plans under Humana; Cleveland hospitals expected to sign contracts with Humana; Humana's use of Medicare supplement program to enter Cleveland's market.
- New Hunana venture aims at Chi. market. Oloroso, Arsenio // Crain's Chicago Business;08/25/97, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p1
Focuses on the impact which Humana Incorporated will have on the Chicago market when it launches a unit design to acquire doctors' practices and eventually managed care patients. When the unit will be unveiled; Description of the unit; Information on the unit's competition.
- Humana delays expansion here. Santiago, Raquel // Crain's Cleveland Business;2/26/96, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p2
Reports on Humana Inc.'s postponement of plans for a full-fledged expansion into Northeast Ohio. Opportunities in southern Ohio; Humana's plans to enter the Greater Cleveland market; Acquisition of Emphesys Financial Group Inc. in October 1995; Background information on the company.
- Humana seeks new image in logo change. Kertesz, Louise // Modern Healthcare;03/17/97, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p11
Looks at the move by Humana Incorporated, based in Louisville, Kentucky, in unveiling a new company logo, while the company was undergoing reorganization of its corporate structure. Description of logo; Role of public perception of the managed-care industry in relation to the strategy; Plans by...
- Humana's buying spree. Shinkman, Ron // Modern Healthcare;06/09/97, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p12
Examines three purchasing deals made by Humana company, announced during the week of May 30, 1997. Background information on the company; Reasons for the company's increased purchasing; Comments from Humana spokesman, Greg Donaldson.