- PEOPLE / EVENTS. // FoodService Director;11/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p26
Photographs taken during the annual conference of the Society for Foodservice Management that was held in Orlando, Florida in October 2010 are presented, including that of Owen Moore, Mark Fuchs and Kent Bain at the opening reception, a photograph of Jay Silverstein accepting the Richard Ysmael...
- Make your recipes measure up. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p32
Presents the fundamentals of converting recipe measurements for food service managers. Determination of suitability of recipe for volume production; Consideration of food cost and labor requirements; Importance of time factor in recipe; Suitability of available food service equipment;...
- Food Protection Management Training Class Available to Food Service. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);1/11/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p4
The article offers information on a two-day Food Protection Management training for food service Managers in Big Country area to be held at Taylor County Extension in Abilene, Texas on February 26 and March 5, 2007.
- Chefs must be trained to meet changes of the 21st century. Van Landingham, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;4/4/94, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p34
Stresses the need to train chefs in order to meet the challenges of the food service industry in the 21st century. Chefs as change agents; Evolution of culinary training and methods; Use of computers; Major impact of science and research; Significance of nutrition; Improvement of techniques for...
- ARAMARK'S Design Solutions. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p30
Reports on an interview with Orlando Espinosa, vice president for Design Solutions at American food service operator ARAMARK. Discussion on value of design services in 1998; Description of design work; Number of employees; Trends in food facility design.
- Micromanaging Food. King, Paul // FoodService Director;8/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p28
The author criticizes the tendency of food service operators to micromanage food in the U.S., which results to evaluating all foods in terms of their content and the impact of each ingredients. He contends that the conference sponsored by the National Restaurant Association is the latest example...
- Battle for burrito supremacy may hit Indy. Culbertson, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/12/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p12A
Reports competition among the food service industry in Indianapolis, Indiana. Plans Chipotle to open quick-service chain for burritos; Impact of the plans to the local market; Emphasis on the marketing strategy of companies.
- Computrition Integrates POS, Back Office Programs. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;4/19/2012, p5
The article reports Computrition's integration of its Foodservice Operations Management (FOM) and SuitePoint Point-of-Sale (POS) products which will allow the accurate forecasting of recipes, ingredients and stock items.
- back to SCHOOL. Shames, Lisa // Chef Magazine;Oct2005, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p19
The article focuses on the creation of three meals a day for the students at Oxbow School, in Napa, California, by chef Tracy Bates. Enthusiasm of Bate's for wholesome foods has been attributed on the years she spent in Greece and on the time she spent working at Alice Waters' Chez Panisse...