Banishing a Stereotype
- In Schools: A growing revenue enhancer. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p78
Elaborates on the catering services of school districts in the United States. Comments from several food service officials; Benefits gained by the Roanoke Rapids Graded School District in North Carolina from its catering services; Items on the Gadsden Independent School District's catering menu.
- Special functions build biz. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p88
Provides an overview on catering services of several schools in the United States. Annual revenues of the Moreno Valley Unified School District in California from its catering business; Catering menus as reflection of customer perceptions; Duval County School District in Jacksonville, Florida's...
- Ariz. school dist. expands outside biz. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p108
Discusses Mesa School District in Mesa, Arizona's catering program. Annual revenues from the catering business; Average wedding caterings handled annually; Area supervisor in charge of quality assurance and catering, Terry Witkin's structuring of the catering department for maximum efficiency...
- Going for Growth. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;4/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p52
The article offers information on how the decision of the foodservice department of Unified School District in Scottsdale, Arizona to began outside catering has helped the district generate extra revenue. Some of the catering clients have decided to participate in the National School Lunch...
- In schools: Profit-maker & image-builder. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;08/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p110
Reports that the key for school catering is to realize that it can be both a profit-center and provide an essential public relations opportunity for the program. Reference to Bibb County School District in Macon, Georgia, which is planning to introduce a full catering program during the 1997...
- EYEING CENTRAL PRODUCTION: Study will determine catering growth's fate. // FoodService Director;8/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p80
Focuses on a feasibility study conducted on the catering services of Campus Celebrations at Hillsborough County School District in Tampa, Florida. Sales volume of the school; Requirements for expanding a catering business.
- More schools are looking to outside sales. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p96
States that the emphasis of food service operations in school districts in the United States is being targeted at the sales made from the a la carte, highlighting the DeKalb County School in Decatur, Georgia. Amount of students who attend the schools; Amount of money which was spent in food...
- 'BUILD YOUR OWN' BUILDS SALES. // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p5
Announces the increase in lunch participation at the Kenmore-Town of Tonawanda Union Free School District in Buffalo, New York with the initiation of a School Construction Zone promotion throughout its six elementary schools. Concept underlying the promotion; Range of food items included in the...
- Food service operating efficiency as a function of central office staff sizing and responsibilities. Allers, Katherine L.; Murphy, John F. // Education;Spring96, Vol. 116 Issue 3, p451
Presents the results of a study of North Carolina-based school districts to identify the most cost-efficient configurations of food service central office staffing sizes and personal assignments. Background on the study.