Solving an Identity Crisis
- HELPS KEEP MEAL PRICES LOW: Catering volume riding high at Saddleback Valley USD. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p34
Reports on the use of catering services by the Saddleback Valley Unified School District in Mission Viejo, California to generate additional operating revenue. Benefits of keeping catering sales circulating within the system; Importance of catering revenue to California; Number of schools in...
- JDK Group rebrands, launches wedding division. Ryan, Jim T. // Central Penn Business Journal;7/2/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p2
The article announces that JDK Group, a part of JDK Catering Inc., has rebranded itself along with an introduction of a separate wedding division.
- Catering pays off. // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the increase in the catering revenue of the Houston Independent School District in Texas during the previous school year due to its new catering kitchen facility as of July 2004. Amount generated by the district from catering; Remarks from Alexis Licata, executive director for...
- Banishing a Stereotype. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;5/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p64
The article reports on the benefit of branding to the catering program of the Olathe School District in Kansas. Scott Kingery, director of foodservices, says branding was a way to get rid the program of the institutional school lunch image. Kingery says they branded the entire program because he...
- In Schools: A growing revenue enhancer. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p78
Elaborates on the catering services of school districts in the United States. Comments from several food service officials; Benefits gained by the Roanoke Rapids Graded School District in North Carolina from its catering services; Items on the Gadsden Independent School District's catering menu.
- School District Caters Its Way to an Extra $100k. // Food Management;May2014, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on the growth of extra revenue for in-house food service departments at Cartwright School, Arizona K-8 School District, driven by the aggressive promotion of its catering program.
- Special functions build biz. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p88
Provides an overview on catering services of several schools in the United States. Annual revenues of the Moreno Valley Unified School District in California from its catering business; Catering menus as reflection of customer perceptions; Duval County School District in Jacksonville, Florida's...
- Ariz. school dist. expands outside biz. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p108
Discusses Mesa School District in Mesa, Arizona's catering program. Annual revenues from the catering business; Average wedding caterings handled annually; Area supervisor in charge of quality assurance and catering, Terry Witkin's structuring of the catering department for maximum efficiency...
- Starting a Discussion on Revenue Enhancement. Lawn, John // Food Management;Mar2008, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p10
The author reflects on ways to improve operations of food companies in the U.S. He suggests that operators should revisit their merchandising strategies perceiving the food and ambience. The author states that refreshing the catering services and menus should be considered through the...