Partners in Sustainability
- Alfred State Coll. adds full-svc. brand restaurants. Blank, Christine // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p56
Reports on the opening of new branded foodservice outlets at the Alfred State College of Technology in Alfred, New York in September 1998. Expansion of the Friendly's ice cream bar into a full-service Friendly's restaurant; Addition of Taco Bell Express, Freshens' Smoothie Authority, Pretzel...
- IN COLLEGES: Grab-and-go accommodates busy students. // FoodService Director;09/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p60
Offers a look at the grab-and-go food service operation at four United States colleges and universities geared for busy students. Rhode Island School of Design in Providence; Alfred State College in New York; Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee; Middlebury College in Vermont.
- Campus computing--a big approach by a small college. Neal, Charles V.; Kelsey, Dennis H. // Education;Spring93, Vol. 113 Issue 3, p343
Explains the strategy and details the development of the computer network at the State University of New York College of Technology at Alfred. Depth and breadth of the system including the 290 menu options; Dorm rooms containing Networked microcomputers; Academic and administrative applications...
- ALFRED STATE COLLEGE 100 Years of Excellence. // JUCO Review;Nov2007, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p12
The article focuses on the Alfred State College in Alfred, New York. The college includes two college campuses, which feature a high degree of wireless Internet access. It states that the Pioneer athletic program and athletic facilities are a source of great pride to the campus and the...
- TREAT HER RIGHT. // Aftermarket Business;Jul2006, Vol. 116 Issue 7, p8
The article introduces the ethics training program created by Skip Merrick, automotive chairman at Alfred State College to help participants understand the vulnerability and intimidation that many women experience when dealing with automotive maintenance in Alfred, New York. Role playing...
- Students, faculty, institutions honored for sustainability efforts. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;11/14/2012, p2
The article announces several awards given to U.S.-based schools and individuals from the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE), including the 2012 Sustainability Leader Award to Alfred State College, Wellsville, NY campus, as well as the 2012 Faculty...
- Paul Reid to Alfred State. // Amateur Wrestling News;11/15/2014, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p26
The article announces the appointment of Paul Reid as the new wrestling coach of Alfred State College as of November 15, 2014.
- Apricus Donates to Decathlon. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Sep2013, Vol. 93 Issue 9, p24
The article reports that hydronic heating products manufacturer Apricus has donated solar thermal components and technical services to the participating team from Alfred State College, Alfred University, and Gullin University of Technology in the bi-annual Solar Decathlon China.
- 60 Schools for Financial Planning. Perkins, Maddy // Financial-planning.com;11/2/2015, p14
The article offers information on the planning programs at colleges and universities across the U.S. including Alfred State College, American College of Financial Services, and Berkeley College, which includes costs, enrollment and student-to-faculty ratios.