New Venues Expand Foodservice's Reach
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA. // Bulletin of the Association of College Unions International;Jan2012, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p24
The article describes the renovation of the University of South Florida's Marshall Student Center in Tampa, Florida and includes information on project cost, funding cost, architect, and facilities renovated.
- At Central Fla. Univ. in Orlando: New student center loads up on brands. Blank, Christine // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p74
Describes the new student union on the University of Central Florida in Orlando that features several branded venues. Sbarro, Subway and Wendy's Hamburgers as anchor tenants; Selection of full restaurant operators; Efforts to keep more students on campus. INSET: Making it work: Catering...
- Table of Contents Offers Variety. // FoodService Director;9/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p12
The article focuses on the foodservice area, called Table of Contents, at the John L. and Christine Warner Library and Student Center in Newark, Ohio. It will serve both Ohio State University, Newark campus, and nearby Ohio Technical College starting fall of 2008. The area is themed as though...
- UNIVERSITY STUDENT CENTER. // Bulletin of the Association of College Unions International;Mar2013, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p58
The article features the University Student Center at the University of South Florida in Saint Petersburg as of March 2013. Background is presented on the history of the student center which was established on August 25, 2012. The features of the student center are discussed including the...
- State of the "Union.". Reill, Howard // FoodService Director;5/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p38
The article focuses on the dining and catering options being offered by the new Ohio Union at Ohio State University. The new student union building was opened in March 2010. The Union Market serves as the building's main dining venue and offers a variety of food stations, including a grill...
- Flexibility in Motion. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;1/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p54
The article provides information on dining areas of the University of Nevada in Las Vegas. The student union dining area was used right out of the gate for the building's official grand opening celebration in September 2006. Sodexho began by rolling out some additional cocktail tables. Moreover,...
- New Union Eateries for JSU. // FoodService Director;9/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p8
The article focuses on new foodservice options at the Jackson State University in Mississippi. In August 2008, the university's new student union opened, complete with new eateries and options for students and members of the community. Wil Smith, director of foodservices, explains that new...
- ENGINEERS TO THE RESCUE. Clayton, Mark // Christian Science Monitor;10/30/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 235, p15
Focuses on the use of prototype rescue robots from a lab at the University of South Florida in Tampa at the New York City World Trade Center disaster, and the response of other engineering schools to terrorism.
- The financial picture. // Sarasota Magazine;May96, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p19
Presents information on WUSF Public Broadcasting's finances as of May 1996. WUSF-TV; WUSF-FM; Revenues; Expenses; List of donors.