- College programs offering new options for night owls. // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, Kellogg's jumpstart newsolunteers...
Reports on the extension of serving hours for foodservice at colleges and universities in the United States. Advantages of late-night food service for the food service operator; Concepts for opening of convenience store and snack shops which open until late in the evening; Trend to attract the...
- AT UCLA MEDICAL CTR.: Ethnic diversity promotion lifts sales & participation. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p20
Reports on the success of Cafe Med at the University of California Los Angeles Medical Center. Challenge faced by the cafe; Menus offered; Details on the celebration of Persian New Year in the cafe; How the cafe operates.
- SIX WAYS TO NET MORE Seafood Sales. Sheehan, Patricia // Food Management;Feb2003, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p52
This article presents information related to various seafoods. Cooking instruction for globally-inspired dishes like rainbow Trout Calypso, Mediterranean Cod, Plum Vinaigrette et al., that showcase the bounty and diversity of the seafood are provided. Seafood is often the perfect canvas to...
- Setting Standards. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p28
Discusses the strategies that foodservice operators must incorporate in their operations according to keynote speakers Chip Madera and Carlton Green. Advice on maximizing employee performance; Profile of Green; Details of how Green improved the performance of the foodservice department at the...
- Two projects: Med ctr. remodels at Loma Linda site. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p10
Reports on Los Angeles, California-based Loma Linda University Medical Center's planned cafeteria renovation and tray delivery system projects. Purchase of two snack carts for the Children's Hospital operation.
- All Shook Up! Buzalka, Michael // Food Management;Apr2009, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p22
The article reports on the renovations made at the main hospital facility of the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Medical Center Health System in Los Angeles, California in 2009. It states that after the Northridge earthquake which hit Los Angeles, the hospital features a model room...
- TESTING 'LOW-BACTERIA' DIET: UCLA Med. Ctr. beefs up preparedness and security. // FoodService Director;1/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p5
Reports that the University of California's (UCLA) Medical Center food service operation participated in California's disaster preparedness drill in mid-November 2001 designed to recreate a simulated bioterrorism event. Comments from Javier Gonzalez, materials manager/safety officer, about the...
- UCSF Medical Center Switches to Antibiotic-free Chicken. // FoodService Director;11/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p17
The article reports that antibiotic-free chicken will only be offered on patient and retail menus at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) Medical Center.
- UCLA Hospitals Go to Antibiotic-free Meats. // Food Management;May2014, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p15
The article reports on the initiative of the University of California, Los Angeles hospitals to promote a healthier community, with its introduction of menus that made from antibiotic-free meats.