- transitions. // FoodService Director;11/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p18
The article announces the promotion of Lisa McEuen to the position of senior vice president for business excellence at Compass Group North America, the appointment of Eric Steiner as deputy administrator of special nutrition programs for the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food and Nutrition...
- A Different World. // FoodService Director;1/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p10
Interviews several corporate dining specialists regarding cost control and other food service-related issues. Patty Guist, director of associate programs and services in Humana Inc.; Amy Greenberg, senior vice president of Citigroup in New York; Michael Sweet, manager of corporate food services...
- Allergic reactions. // FoodService Director;4/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p16
Presents the opinions of executives in the food service industry in the U.S. on whether food allergies is a growing problem for the industry and if accommodating allergies pose significant challenges. Steven Jayson, corporate executive chef at Universal Studios recreation in Orlando, Florida;...
- SALARY WATCH. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/25/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4351, p10
Presents information on the demand for and salaries of food & beverage (F&B) managers in Great Britain as of November 2004. Increase in the demand for good-quality F&B managers in the provincial and London, England markets; Effect of the increasingly flattened management structures in many...
- SALARY WATCH. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/19/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4311, p24
Focuses on issues concerning the salary of food service managers. Information on the little upward movement of salary levels and bonus structures; Status of the cost-cutting trend of consolidation of junior management; Salary ranges in Great Britain.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/14/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 46, p3
Reports developments in the food service industry in the U.S. Promotion of Mark Poston as president of Bennigan's Grill & Tavern; Launching of Guy Villavaso and Larry Foles, founders of two-unit Eddie V's Edgewater Grille, on its upscale-casual Wildfish Seafood Grille in Newport Beach...
- milestones. // FoodService Director;3/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p18
The article announces the recipients of the 2008 International Foodservice Manufacturers Association (IFMA) Silver Plate Awards, including Pat H. Farris, Amy Greenberg and Steve Hammel.
- The Color of Sustainability. King, Paul // FoodService Director;5/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p16
The author reflects on the growing importance of the issue of sustainability among food service industry players in the U.S. He argues that rising food and fuel prices are the catalysts for the sustainability effort. He cites two questions to ponder as food service operators try to balance their...
- CREATING ADAPTIVE BUDGETING FOOD INDUSTRY. Akhmedov, A. E.; Shatalov, M. A. // FES: Finance, Economy, Strategy;Dec2012, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p30
This article deals with the management of enterprises of food industry at present. It is concluded that budgeting is one of the key factors in enhancing the efficiency of their operations.