- AND ELIMINATES PAPER MENUS/COSTS: Ohio State Med. Ctr. serves `same-day'. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p16
Reports on the establishment of Same Day Service, a menu-based ordering and room service concept, at the Ohio State University Medical Center in 2000. Objectives of the Same Day Service; Process that must be followed regarding Same Day Service.
- Bedside Ordering With a High-Tech Personal "Touch". Buzalka, Michael // Food Management Exclusive Insight;5/ 1/2012, p3
The article focuses on the Ohio State University Medical Center (OSUMC) using iPads to take meal requests from patients. OSUMC has 15 nutrition aides who makes rounds each morning with iPads in hand. Their iPads incorporate a software program called Concero for which is serving as an early...
- Literature, whole language, and adult literacy instruction. Weibel, Marguerite Crow // Adult Learning;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p9
Discusses the Adult Basic Literacy Education (ABLE) program at the Ohio State University Medical Center. Workplace literacy program to serve hospital employees; Use of whole language and literature; General procedure of the reading and writing program.
- OSU Offers Credit Protection Following Data Breach. GOEDERT, JOSEPH // Health Data Management;Mar2012, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p15
The article reports that Ohio State University Medical Center is offering one year of credit protection to 180 former patients after a breach of protected health information.
- Briefs. // Communications News;Dec96, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p46
States that the Ohio State University Medical Center implemented a help desk system. Purpose of implementing the system.
- When to say yes. Fiedler, Karen // Food Management;Jun98, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p10
Comments on the added roles of dietetics professionals. Information on the patient and service environment being managed by Mary Angela Miller at the Ohio State University Medical Center; Maintenance of the Nutrition and Dietetics Department's visibility within the Center; Need to realign goals...
- Heart surgery technique debuts. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);09/10/99, Vol. 46 Issue 37, p1B
Reports on the successful performance of the first surgery that used sensitive remote-controlled surgical instruments guided by a surgeon at a computer keyboard, at the Ohio State University Medical Center in Columbus.
- Stress affects wound healing. // Dermatology Times;Dec95, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p66
Reports on a study by Kiecolt-Glaser and colleagues from Ohio State University College of Medicine in Columbus which shows that psychological stress adversely affects the immune system. What study investigated; What subjects underwent; Other study details.
- Hospital's latex-free program fits like a glove. Lillis, Karin // Healthcare Purchasing News;Sep2002, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p20
Provides information on the latex-free and powder-free gloves developed by the Ohio State University Medical Center in September 2002. Problems associated with the use of latex gloves; Criteria used for developing the gloves; Importance of staff education in using the gloves.