- A Message from the Chief of Naval Operations. // All Hands;Jan2010, Issue 1114, p1
The article presents the author's gratitude for the people working in the U.S. Navy and for their significant accomplishments as well as continued commitment to being global force for good.
- Expeditionary Warfare. // All Hands;Jan2010, Issue 1114, p14
The article offers information on the U.S. Navy forces and their expeditionary foreign operations including the Navy Expeditionary Combat Command (NECC), the Explosive Ordnace Disposal (EOD), and the Navy Expeditionary Logistics Support Group (NAVELSG).
- Teaching Our Successors. Aho, Brien // All Hands;Mar2007, Issue 1079, p14
The article focuses on the coalition efforts of the U.S. Navy to rebuild the navy in Iraq.
- HOW TO HITCH YOUR CAREER TO A STAR: WHO'S YOUR MENTOR. Stephenson, Susie // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p62
Reports on the response of several foodservice directors on the impact of mentoring on career development. Attributes that a director saw in her first boss that she has tried to incorporate into her management philosophy; Resources for mentoring.
- Blue Ridge Provides Firefighting Aid to Philippine Vessel. // All Hands;Mar2007, Issue 1079, p13
The article reports that the USS Blue Ridge team has responded to a request from local authorities to assist in combating a fire that had broken out on board supper ferry Manila Bay I in the Philippines.
- Guiding Light. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;4/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p56
The article reports on the launch of mentoring programs launched by women foodservice directors in the U.S. Patsy Lynch has developed a program that allowed them to visit and learn from other schools' managers. Joyce Akins is often sought out for advice from beginning directors. Akins also lets...
- The next platform in learning. Williams, Brent // BeanScene Magazine;Dec2015, Issue 42, p80
The author discusses the purpose of coffee championships hosted by the Australian Specialty Coffee Association (ASCA). Topics covered include the impetus provided by barista competitions for coffee drinkers, the support received by baristas from a cafe to help them on their journey and the type...
- Overseas duty. // All Hands;Aug97, Issue 964, p31
Presents a guide to United States Navy families who are sent to overseas duty assignments. Navy programs that are designed to help families make the smooth transition to a foreign country; Consideration of housing, transportation and education available in the foreign land; Attendance of...
- Papparazzi versus mainstream press. Bishop, Ed // St. Louis Journalism Review;Oct97, Vol. 28 Issue 200, p18
Presents an interview with Steve Hammel, KMOV (Channel 4)'s news director. Background information on Hammel; His views of the media.