- Meeting Nutritional Standards. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;9/1/2012, p18
The article discusses the "2012 Back to School Trends Report," published by the School Nutrition Association. Based on a previous survey of school districts, a significant number of schools started to serve fruits and vegetables to meet nutrition standards established for students. It mentions...
- No Free Lunch. Dillon, Naomi // American School Board Journal;Jun2008, Vol. 195 Issue 6, p16
The article discusses how rising food costs are affecting nutrition in school lunch programs. Many school districts also face increased costs due to pressure to improve the nutritional value of school lunches despite low federal subsidies. A recall of meat also resulted in financial losses and...
- FAME Issues Call for Nominations. // Food Management;Aug2012, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p10
The article offers information on the nominations of school nutrition professionals for the Foodservice Achievement Management Excellence (FAME) Award to be given during the School Nutrition Association's Child Nutrition Industry Conference to be held in San Antonio, Texas on January 13, 2013.
- USDA updates child nutrition professionals on Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act. Schilling, Becky // Food Management Exclusive Insight;1/20/2016, p1
The article focuses on U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food, Nutrition and Consumer Services deputy under secretary Katie Wilson's discussion on child nutrition professionals and Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act at the 2016 School Nutrition Association's SNIC conference in San Diego, California.
- 25%. // FoodService Director;10/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p10
Statistics are presented on the percentage of school districts which plan to expand their breakfast program in the U.S. in 2013, according to the School Nutrition Association's Back to School Trends Report.
- LiveWell Colorado Spearheads Programs Statewide to Address Colorado's Childhood Obesity Crisis; Highlights Efforts during National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;9/26/2011, Vol. 21, p71
The article reports on the initiation of health programs by LiveWell Colorado in celebration of the National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month in October 2011 in the U.S. It notes that the programs aim to tackle the issue of childhood obesity in the country. It cites several components of the...
- '600 million children will go hungry on Thanksgiving Day!'. Hummel, Kathy // Appleseeds;Nov98, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p28
Provides ways in helping hungry children around the world. Includes fundraising for organizations aiming to help hungry children; Dissemination of information about the hungry children; Activity to help understand on the quantity of food around the world.
- Hunger Project study finds: 10 mil. kids still at hunger-risk. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p100
Highlights a combined studies which indicated that four million children under age 12 experience prolonged periodic food insufficiency and hunger each year. Key findings of the Community Childhood Hunger Identification Project; Number of children who are at risk for hunger; Potential of hungry...
- Hungry children. // Pediatrics for Parents;1998, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p7
Cites some of the findings of the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, published in the March 1998 issue of the `American Journal of Public Health.' Percentage of children in the United States who do not have enough to eat.