Howard Named Vandy's Director
- Why Dining at Vandy Is Dandy. Buzalka, Michael // Food Management;Oct2009, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p20
The article focuses on the customized dining program offered at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. The plan was introduced by former dining director Frank Gladu and currently assistant vice chancellor for business services, where it required freshmen to dine on campus. Meanwhile,...
- Vanderbilt U. set to launch 8 new in-house restaurants. // FoodService Director;07/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p8
State that Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee is launching eight in-house restaurant concepts, plus a commercial branded operation, and whole new facade to create a `marketplace look'. Financial information on the benefits of the launch; Names of some concepts to be introduced; Names...
- Searching for a `mega Munchi-Mart,' Vanderbilt's students hit the `Beach'. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;09/21/98, Vol. 32 Issue 38, p34
Describes the Varsity Beach store of Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. Hang out for the students; Sales from the food court, coffee shop and convenience store; Concern on security.
- Vanderbilt launches combo conven. store. // FoodService Director;04/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the plans of Vanderbilt University of Nashville, Tennessee, to create a combination convenience market and late-night dining area. Emphasis on grab-and-go items; When Mega Munchi Mart will debut at the university. INSET: MarketCapsule: Avg. take-home sales jumps 12%.
- EXPOSING YOURSELF. Stephenson, Susie // Nation's Restaurant News;09/03/01 Supplement, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p6
Focuses on the on-site market operations of Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. Appeal of the on-site market; Invitation of dining-services management; Overture of internship program for six months.
- No ha-ha's over YaYa's: Vanderbilt U learns lesson in trademark law. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;3/11/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p8
Reports the change of business names in the Dining Services department at Vanderbilt University in Tennessee. Launch of the Yaya's Mediterranean Cuisine; Derivation of cease-and-desist order in the Vanderbilt Dining Services; Historical context of Yaya's.
- Dust didn't settle on gift to Vanderbilt. Burr, Barry B. // Pensions & Investments;5/3/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p8
Reports that the stock received by Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee did not stay in the school's endowment portfolio very long.
- Vanderbilt University Students Dance All Night for a Good Cause. // Tennessee Tribune;2/10/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p10A
The article offers information on the Vanderbilt University Dance Marathon at the Student Recreation Center on February 18, 2011 in Nashville, Tennessee.
- The Kresge Foundation Awards Vanderbilt $1 Million for
Children's Hospital. // Ascribe Newswire: Medicine;4/3/2002, p1
Nashville, Tennessee-based Vanderbilt University has been awarded a $1 million dollar challenge grant by The Kresge Foundation to help with construction costs of the Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt. The eight-story 206-bed hospital, currently under construction on the...