Iowa Gets 'Smart.'
- Taking the "Guest" Work Out of School-Health Interagency Partnerships. MANDEL, LESLIE A. // Public Health Reports;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 123 Issue 6, p790
Objective. School-based health centers (SBHCs) have proliferated rapidly, demonstrated success in health outcomes and access, and gained national recognition. Despite these accomplishments, organizational dissimilarities exist among health and school systems that are potentially leading to SBHC...
- WORKING TOGETHER FOR SCHOOL HEALTH: A SUCCESSFUL UNIVERSITY-SCHOOL SYSTEM PARTNERSHIP. Geiger, Brian F.; Petri, Cynthia J.; Winnail, Scott D.; Whiting, Mary; Threadgill, Sheryl; Conner, Renee; Mason, J. Walter // American Journal of Health Studies;1999, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p122
Abstract: The problem of enteric infections and diarrheal illness led to a university-school system partnership. This paper describes the lessons learned when planning and implementing a needs assessment in a rural, southern, impoverished, and predominantly African American school system. The...
- Health screening in Missouri schools. Waigandt, Alex // Wellness Perspectives;Fall90, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p21
Reviews health screenings conducted by schools in the state of Missouri. Health appraisal as an important component of the school health program; Questions regarding screening methods designed with the help from the state's Department of Health; Components of comprehensive health screening;...
- Supporting Students With Health Needs in Schools: An Overview of Selected Health Conditions. DePaepe, Paris; Garrison-Kane, Linda; Doelling, Jane // Focus on Exceptional Children;Sep2002, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p1
Discusses services for students with health care needs in the U.S. Factors to consider in planning for services for children with health care needs; Information on common health conditions of school-aged children; Details on school health care needs and related accommodations for students.
- Shaping Health Policies. Grebow, Pamela M.; Greene, Brenda Z.; Harvey, Jennifer; Head, Carmen J. // Educational Leadership;Mar2000, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p63
Focuses on the role of established school health policies in the United States in helping students focus on learning. Policies on the physical and psychosocial environment; Policy resources for school health; Components of a coordinated school health program.
- A program to reduce excessive student visits to the school health room. Justen, Bridget; Perl, James // Education & Treatment of Children (ETC);May95, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p128
Provides initial data evaluating a preventing program that utilized home and community resources to reduce unnecessary student visits to the school health room. Interventions; Five-year comparison of health room visits.
- Salsarita's makes good on Compass partnership. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;2/21/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p48
Reports on Mexican restaurant chain Salsarita Inc.'s partnership with on-site foodservice provider Compass Group to open a unit at the University of Miami's food court. Average weekly sales of Salsarita's Fresh Cantina; Other food concepts in the food court; Comment of resident district manager...
- Hand-Wringing over HUDS Cuts. Krein, Julius D. // Harvard Salient;4/24/2008, p5
The article discusses the controversy involving the Harvard University Dining Services (HUDS). It is said that budget constraints at HUDS has affected the food selections at the university's dining hall. It is also inferred that the reaction of Harvard students to this issue implies that they...
- Calidad de la dieta, sobrepeso y obesidad en estudiantes universitarios. Izaga, M. Arroyo; Rocandio Pablo, A. Ma.; Alday, L. Ansotegui; Apalauza, E. Pascual; Beti, I. Salces; Ochoa, E. Rebato // Nutricion Hospitalaria;nov-dic2006, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p673
Objective: To assess diet quality and to examine the association between diet quality and overweight and obesity in a group of university students. Subjects: Our simple consisted of 749 volunteer students of the State University of the Basque Country (68% females and 32% males). Mean age was...