- ACTIVITIES ALMANAC. // School Library Media Activities Monthly;Mar2008, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p5
A calendar of events related to school library media in the U.S. in March 2008 is presented including the National School Breakfast Week from March 3 to 7, the Read Across America Day on March 3, and the International Brain Awareness Week from March 10 to 16.
- Siemens Westinghouse Competition. // Science Teacher;Apr2003, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p58
Announces the 2003 to 2004 Siemens Westinghouse Competition in Math, Science and Technology for high schools students in the U.S. Requirements for contestants; Prizes; Contact information.
- WHS Science Team sets bar higher and higher. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);4/14/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p10
The article reports that the Whitney High School's University Interscholastic Team will defend its 2009 Regional Title on April 24, 2010 in Lubbock, Texas.
- Chance for student D.C. trip. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);1/22/2014, Vol. 141 Issue 4, p9A
The article presents information on a paid trip to Washington D.C. to three Central Texas Electric Co-op service area high school students who will win a contest.
- Participating at UIL Regionals. // East Bernard Express (TX);5/8/2014, Vol. 71 Issue 19, p6
A photograph of East Bernard High School students who qualified at University Interscholastic League (UIL) Regional contest in 2014 is presented.
- Are youngsters shine in Thurgood Marshall Junior Mock Trial Competition. Moorer, Talise D. // New York Amsterdam News;6/13/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 24, p37
Highlights the Fifth Annual Thurgood Marshall Junior Mock Trial Competition participated by high school students in New York City. Contribution of lawyer Elizabeth A. Taylor in founding the initiative; Prizes given to the participants; Aim of the event to present positive messages about the...
- Busy week ahead for students. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);12/9/2014, p18
The article reports that students of South Point High School in Kolkata, India are participating in Dabur Red Paste presents The TTIS Challenge 2014 competition.
- Students take first in Soil & Water District Contest. // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);4/30/2009, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p1
The article reports that high school students Sarah Thompson, Sabrina Harding and Daniel Hinkle have won the first place in the annual land judging contest held at the Kilgore College Agricultural & Environmental Science Center in Texas.
- A Positive Psychology Approach to Education for At-Risk High School Youth. Fanourgiakis, Sophia; Lumley, Margaret // Psynopsis: Canada's Psychology Newspaper;Fall2012, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p18
The article offers information on the alternative program for at-risk high school youth of the St. John Bosco secondary school in Guelph, Ontario which uses a strength-based approach such as the positive youth perspective (PYD).