By pooling resources, hospital facilities departments can outsmart outsourcing firms
- In or out? Burmahl, Beth; Neff, Jack // Health Facilities Management;Aug2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p18
Discusses the outsourcing programs of healthcare companies in the United States. Result of a survey comparing outsourcing in healthcare and other industries; Overview of the services often outsourced by hospitals; Motivating factors for outsourcing. INSET: Benchmarking: How do you measure up?.
- Over-the-top outsourcing. Burda, David // Modern Healthcare;4/5/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p19
Assesses the effectiveness of outsourcing as a business strategy for the U.S. healthcare industry. Advantage of outsourcing to hospital services; Reason of hospitals for outsourcing; Effect of over reliance on outsourcing on company management.
- Meeting of the Minds. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);05/06/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 19, p1B
Focuses on the alliance between the North Shore University Hospital and Long Island Jewish Medical Center in Long Island, New York. Promotion of the planning and delivery of patient care services; Establishment of best practices in clinical medicine; Integration the major clinical departments...
- Is medicare risk contracting right for your organization? Inzina, Thomas // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Feb97, Vol. 51 Issue 2, HFMA Applied p3
Presents `Is Medicare Risk Contracting Right for Your Organization?', a session of Healthcare Financial Management Administration. Overview of the session; Best way on how to get your money worth out of a seminar. INSET: HFMA professional development..
- Firms see pressure, not profits. Scott, Lisa // Modern Healthcare;1/31/94, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p38
Reports on the impact of healthcare reform on contract management industry. Decline in sales and profits; Reconsideration of outsourcing agreements by hospital executives; Shift of financial risk to management firms; Trends in different sectors; Financial results in ten firms.
- Outsourcing provides option to field your team of MCO pros. Ackerman, James // Health Management Technology;Aug96, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p17
Discusses the advantages of outsourcing in managed-care organizations. Costs of building managed-care information systems; Reasons for outsourcing; Functions to outsource and keep in-house; Choosing an outsource vendor. INSETS: Seven reasons why you should outsource.;'Untitled'..
- CIOs use outsourcing to revamp systems. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;7/24/95, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p60
Focuses on health care chief information officers' outsourcing strategies for updating company computer systems. Conversion of the basic purpose of computer systems to clinical and wellness goals; Separation of strategic capabilities from routine transaction processing; Importance of money...
- Outsourcing's role varies per network. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;7/24/95, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p65
Discusses the effect on the roles of information professionals of outsourcing tasks for information systems of health care networks. Political and human-resources challenges; Consolidation of employees as a result of outsourcing; Health networks' moral obligation to their information systems...
- Study identifies key outsourcing best practices. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jun98, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p21
Reveals the outsourcing practices of the healthcare industry in the United States based on a study conducted by VHA Inc. Growth forecast; Decision to outsource; Identification and selection of providers and vendors; Managing relationship and success measurement.