LONG LUNCH: This week PM meets Peter Goodge and Jane Coomber from simply360
- Top players in HR show ability to embrace change. Dempsey, Karen // Personnel Today;6/13/2006, p12
The article focuses on the HR skills possessed by HR professionals named among the Top 40 Power Players this year in Great Britain. Most of the professionals were also in the last year's list. HR professionals from various fields including business, public sector, unions and consultancies are...
- Spotlight onâ€¦ qualifications. Causon, Jo // Personnel Today;6/27/2006, p33
The article presents the author's comments on qualification criteria for the management roles at organizations. In the author's opinion, the organizations should define skills requirements through the qualifications that someone has gained. Human resource managers need to make sure that the...
- O.K. IN H.R. Alleyne, Sonia // Black Enterprise;May2007, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p66
The article discusses the requirements for human resources-related career. The author states that many jobs in human resources will require experience. For senior management positions, an advanced degree will be required, since some areas of human resources require training in finance and law,...
- goals for HR professionals. McGrath, Debbie // Human Resources Magazine;Feb/Mar2008, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p1
The author addresses the common problems being faced by human resource (HR) professionals. She cites the lack of available skilled talent, lack of qualified leadership, lack of proper metrics to measure HR-related issues and integration of HR technology as the challenges in the field. However,...
- SPECIALIZATION PAYS. Coombs, Joseph // HR Magazine;Dec2011, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p28
The article focuses on human resource (HR) personnel salary levels in 2011. It states that most U.S. human resource professionals didn't see much in the way of pay raises in 2011, with percentage increases in median total cash compensation (MTCC) for common HR positions being below the average...
- Job ahead. Lehmann, John // Bulletin with Newsweek;8/14/2007, Vol. 125 Issue 6582, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Laurie Oakes on the Crosby-Textor report and another by Katherine Fleming on skills shortage in Australia.
- Rethinking skills. // OECD Observer;2014 OECD Yearbook, p57
The article focuses on job skills including analyzing information, solving problems and working in a team that are in demand in the 21st century.
- Skills in Demand in Today's Job Market. Robson, Jim // Utah Careers;Jul2011, p52
The article offers information on job skills which are in demand in the current job market.
- Online skills fix aims to save HR staff jobs. Clark, Lindsay // Personnel Today;2/3/2009, p4
The article presents information on the national development programme for human resource (HR) directors to be launched by the Public Sector People Managers' Association and the Improvement Development Agency for Local Government on February 13, 2009 to help human resource practitioners survive...