PEOPLE AND POSTS
- ON THE MOVE. // Personnel Today;4/15/2008, p34
The article presents information on the career development of various people related to the personnel department including the appointment of Alison Gilbert as human resource (HR) director in the catering company Charlton House, the appointment of James Grewer as head of HR at computer game...
- ON THE MOVE. // Personnel Today;4/22/2008, p34
The article announces the appointment of several human resources (HR) executives, including Paul Robinson as HR director at the law firm Trowers & Hamlins, Sue Browell as HR director at healthcare provider Casttebeck, and Natalie Lewis as HR manager at Web hosting company UKFast.
- The many faces of HR in the off-Broadway drama: Recruiting. // Personnel Journal;Aug96 Supplement, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p13
Focuses on the roles that a human resource (HR) manager plays in the recruitment process. Selling of hiring managers on the importance of their roles; Tip on delaying the hiring manager's emotional investment in any candidate; Do's and don'ts about interviewing; Representation of the company as...
- People and posts. // People Management;2/23/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p19
Features news about the appointment of some British involved in personnel management in various companies. Brief profile of each; Data on the position appointed to; Replacement for Sir Sandy Wilson as air chief marshal and head of personnel and training in the Royal Air Force; Others.
- On the move. // Personnel Today;3/4/2003, p29
Presents information on positions of personnel managers in Great Britain as of March 4, 2003. Selection of Victoria Gill as learning and training adviser at Great Britain-based Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development; Appointment of Annette Dalchow as head of administration and...
- Hiring to Build Change Capacity: The Human Resource Role. Gorman, Brian; Hoopes, Linda // Human Resource Planning;1999, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on the hiring function of human resource professionals. Need to screen all job candidates for technical competence; Five characteristics that define personal resilience; Issue of cultural alignment; Leadership approach to change.
- People and posts. // People Management;03/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p11
Presents information on executives appointed in human resource positions in Britain. Names and positions of executives; Their former jobs.
- PEOPLE & POSTS. // People Management;1/23/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p9
Presents news on appointment of human resources executives in Great Britain as of January 2003. Alison Hodgson at Sodexho; Sean McIlveen at Ford Motor Company; Mary Rance at CBI.
- Top guns. Kelly, James; Gennard, John // People Management;5/30/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p24
Focuses on the results of a study on the factors that lead to the progress of professionals to the position of human resource (HR) directors. Skill categories expected from HR directors; Competencies of an effective HR director; Reasons given by chief executives for the selection of HR...