- Two methods of exploring interests: A comparison of outcomes. Croteau, James M.; Slaney, Robert B. // Career Development Quarterly;Mar1994, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p252
Studies the difference in how intervening with the Vocational Card Sort versus the Strong/Strong-Campbell would be experienced by clients. Inclusion of a participant attribute variable and an outcome variable; Locus of control for career development; Career decision-making self-efficacy;...
- Publications and videos. // Aging;1993, Issue 365, p70
Focuses on Fortysomething, a one-day training program for companies, organizations and civic groups that was developed to help people in mid-career assess their present circumstances. Address for additional information.
- ASM career corner. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Nov96, Vol. 150 Issue 5, p118
Presents information on Technical Job Fairs scheduled throughout the United States, to assist persons in choosing careers. Dates and locations for Professional Exchange' Dates and locations for High Tech Career Fairs; Assistance available for members of ASM in pursuing career opportunities.
- Great internship opportunities in the twin cities. Campbell-Rock, C.C. // Black Collegian;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p86
Features several major corporations in Minnesota's twin cities, Minneapolis and St. Paul, offering active internship opportunities. Cargill's summer internship program; Honeywell's student intern program; General Mill's internship program; 3M Corp. student employment program; Contact information.
- Career opportunities in management. Reuben, Lucy J. // Black Collegian;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p130
Features different career opportunities in management. Job prospects; Diverse opportunities in management; Training for management. INSETS: Kimberly Oliver.;Harris L. McCullum.;Bernard James Tyson.;A. Victor Fields.
- High school teaching: A career to be considered. Sevick, Charles V. // Black Collegian;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p138
Features different career opportunities available for African Americans in the education profession. Problems in interesting African-American and other students of color in teaching; Rewards; Importance of cultural identity; Decreasing number of African-American educators in the classrooms. ...
- The computer industry's main ingredient. Winchester, Garry // Black Collegian;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p144
Features different career opportunities available in the field of computer science. Brief history of computers; Basic qualification for a computer operator; Salary estimates; Requirements. INSET: Computer science grads getting on the right track..
- Careers in journalism. Chapelle, Tony // Black Collegian;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p152
Features the different career opportunities available in the field of journalism. Journalism in newspaper, radio, and television; New opportunities and freelancing; Opportunities in newsweeklies and regional magazines; How to survive; Education requirements. INSETS: Journalism salaries.;Percy...
- Careers in the pharmaceutical industry. Featherston, Carel // Black Collegian;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p155
Features the different career opportunities available in the pharmaceutical industry. Entry-level opportunities for college graduates; Sales and marketing; Research and development; Production and quality control; Management and administration. INSETS: Joseph C. White.;Cecil Bruce Pickett, PhD..
- We need healers: African-American doctors in the '90s and beyond. Ferdinand, Keith C. // Black Collegian;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p158
Features the different career opportunities available in the field of health care. Changes in medical care in America; Delivery of basic primary care to all Americans; Alternative approaches to healing; Medical and surgical specialties; Income; The art and science of healing. INSETS: Mayo R....