- Two methods of exploring interests: A comparison of outcomes. Croteau, James M.; Slaney, Robert B. // Career Development Quarterly;Mar1994, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p252
Studies the difference in how intervening with the Vocational Card Sort versus the Strong/Strong-Campbell would be experienced by clients. Inclusion of a participant attribute variable and an outcome variable; Locus of control for career development; Career decision-making self-efficacy;...
- Publications and videos. // Aging;1993, Issue 365, p70
Focuses on Fortysomething, a one-day training program for companies, organizations and civic groups that was developed to help people in mid-career assess their present circumstances. Address for additional information.
- Great internship opportunities in the twin cities. Campbell-Rock, C.C. // Black Collegian;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p86
Features several major corporations in Minnesota's twin cities, Minneapolis and St. Paul, offering active internship opportunities. Cargill's summer internship program; Honeywell's student intern program; General Mill's internship program; 3M Corp. student employment program; Contact information.
- Career opportunities in management. Reuben, Lucy J. // Black Collegian;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p130
Features different career opportunities in management. Job prospects; Diverse opportunities in management; Training for management. INSETS: Kimberly Oliver.;Harris L. McCullum.;Bernard James Tyson.;A. Victor Fields.
- High school teaching: A career to be considered. Sevick, Charles V. // Black Collegian;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p138
Features different career opportunities available for African Americans in the education profession. Problems in interesting African-American and other students of color in teaching; Rewards; Importance of cultural identity; Decreasing number of African-American educators in the classrooms. ...
- The computer industry's main ingredient. Winchester, Garry // Black Collegian;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p144
Features different career opportunities available in the field of computer science. Brief history of computers; Basic qualification for a computer operator; Salary estimates; Requirements. INSET: Computer science grads getting on the right track..
- Careers in journalism. Chapelle, Tony // Black Collegian;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p152
Features the different career opportunities available in the field of journalism. Journalism in newspaper, radio, and television; New opportunities and freelancing; Opportunities in newsweeklies and regional magazines; How to survive; Education requirements. INSETS: Journalism salaries.;Percy...
- Careers in the pharmaceutical industry. Featherston, Carel // Black Collegian;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p155
Features the different career opportunities available in the pharmaceutical industry. Entry-level opportunities for college graduates; Sales and marketing; Research and development; Production and quality control; Management and administration. INSETS: Joseph C. White.;Cecil Bruce Pickett, PhD..
- We need healers: African-American doctors in the '90s and beyond. Ferdinand, Keith C. // Black Collegian;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p158
Features the different career opportunities available in the field of health care. Changes in medical care in America; Delivery of basic primary care to all Americans; Alternative approaches to healing; Medical and surgical specialties; Income; The art and science of healing. INSETS: Mayo R....
- Making an impression. // Black Enterprise;Aug84, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p72
No abstract available.