Protecting the boss from the bullies
- The corporate choreographer. // Director;May2004, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p74
Presents answers to questions on business management. Tip on dealing with problem employees; Advantage of a flexible schedule; Issue of bullying in personnel management.
- HOW TOâ€¦prevent workplace bullying. // People Management;4/17/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p55
The article discusses how to prevent and manage workplace bullying. Tips cited include defining what bullying is, setting anti-bullying policy, giving give people an opportunity to talk to their superiors to report bullying, informing employees of the implications of bullying to their careers...
- Brutish behavior. Hodgkiss, Kate // Commercial Motor;12/4/2003, Vol. 198 Issue 5057, p36
Focuses on bullying and harassment of employees by their employers. Overview of a case in which a highly paid company director had suffered mental distress from bullying against him; Discussion on bullying; Less obvious tactics of bullying.
- Obama Calls for One-Year Onboarding Program for All New Senior Execs. Katz, Eric // Government Executive;2/16/2016, p2
The article discusses a guidance from the U.S. Office of Personnel Management that provides implementation instructions for a provision of a 2015 executive order issued by U.S. President Barack Obama calling on agencies to develop onboarding programs for new senior executives that would ideally...
- Bad attitudes are bad for business. Redford, Kirstie // Employers Law;Dec2005, p22
The article presents findings of a survey on how human resource professionals handle difficult employees. More than a quarter of employers surveyed admit to engineering the dismissal or redundancy of employees without even attempting to deal with the issue. Seventy six percent of respondents...
- Mobbing - Psychoterror im Arbeitsleben. Gross, Werner // Ergotherapie & Rehabilitation;Dec2009, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p12
Mobbing is not a new phenomenon; however, in times of insecure employment and increasing competition it seems to get worse. The article discusses who does the mobbing and why, and how the mobbing process develops. As causes for mobbing it is necessary to differentiate between changes in the work...
- HR 'fails to protect staff from bullying' Roberts, Zoe // People Management;9/13/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p6
Reports on the failure of human resource departments to protect employees from institutionalized bullying in Great Britain according to a research. Comments from Andreas Liefooghe, lecturer in organizational psychology at Birkbeck College in London, England.
- Online mentor. // People Management;Sep2013, p53
The article provides answers to a question of what a human resources (HR) professional can do when the bully is his own head of HR.
- Someone to lean on. Hammond, Dominique // People Management;12/6/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p32
Focuses on bullying in the British workplace. Criticisms against the failure of some British companies to address the problem; Results of a study of workplace bullying conducted by researchers at the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology; Types of bullying behavior. ...