- Law. // Accountancy;Feb1999, Vol. 123 Issue 1266, p72
The article presents information about amendments and new laws proposed in context with business and accountancy in Great Britain. "The County Courts (Interest on Judgment Debts) (Amendment) Order 1998, SI 1998/2400," provides that no interest is payable on a judgment for less than Â£5,000....
- News Flash. // Economic Review (05318955);Apr2010, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p80
The article offers business news briefs in Pakistan. Negotiations are in the final stage for the Expo Pakistan 2010. Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari signs the "Protection Against Harassment of Women Bill 2010" that aims for the emancipation and the uplift of women. The Upper House of the...
- Playboy staff given corrective classes. // Personnel Today;5/10/2005, p48
The article presents information on the counseling of staff of the periodical "Playboy" under which they were taught not to treat women as mere objects. The counseling may help these staff for avoiding charges of sexual harassment usually labeled against them. Law of employment can prove to be a...
- Ostrich approach may mean liability in sexual harassment cases. Zachary, Mary-Kathryn // Supervision;Dec98, Vol. 59 Issue 12, p21
Points out the grounds that may make companies liable in a sexual harassment lawsuits. Discussion of the grounds; Importance for companies to have a carefully planned policy on sexual harassment.
- Labor law. Zachary, Mary-Kathryn // Supervision;Oct2001, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p22
Focuses on what defenses are available to employers in sexual harassment cases and how to make such defenses effective. Significance of the distribution of sexual harassment policy throughout a workplace; Ways of distributing the policy. INSET: IN A NUTSHELL.
- Unlawful harassment. Stewart, Linda // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/21/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 4661, p48
The article presents a question and its answer related to claims of a homophobic abuse by an employee at a hotel.
- Leave off job application any language that limits time frames for employee to sue. // HR Specialist: California Employment Law;May2014, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p3
The article discusses a court case wherein a woman security guard alleged her boss with sexual harassment which was filed within the relevant California statute of limitations.
- Head off harassment suits: Review all firings. // HR Specialist: Ohio Employment Law;Jan2011, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses a court case wherein the plaintiff filed a lawsuit against her former employer due to alleged quid pro quo sexual harassment.
- Recent legal decisions affect you. Barlow, Wayne E.; Hatch, D. Diane // Workforce (10928332);Feb97, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p73
Presents several legal issues and decisions concerning employees. Case of Michelle Zimmerman v. Cook County Sherriffs Department on sexual harassment; Case of Vaughn L. Murphy v. United Parcel Service on the violation of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA); Case of Arthur Wrightson v. Pizza...