'What you achieve, you achieve together.'
- Give your company a checkup. Lambert, Bobbi // Personnel Journal;Sep95, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p143
Exhorts personnel managers to undertake an evaluation of their work environments. Assurance of healthy corporate culture; Relationship between violence, job stress and workplace harassment; Advantages of participatory style of management; Importance of communication in the workplace.
- Getting to Work. Feig, Nancy // Community Banker;Jan2005, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p56
Presents facts related to the U.S. workplace environment. Percentage of employees who do not know how to fully explain their company's products or services to a friend or relative; Top three reasons of employees for leaving their current positions; Average time spent on lunch breaks, according...
- Safer Workplace. // Futurist;May/Jun2004, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p68
Reports on the safety of workplaces in the U.S. according to the Conference Board. Decrease in the number of lost-time cases per 100 full-time employees; Strategy of companies to reduce accidents and injuries in the work places.
- CREATING OPEN AND ACCESSIBLE WORKPLACES. // HR Professional;May/Jun2012, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p8
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the importance of creating a working environment that is accessible and is established with policies, practices, and positive attitudes.
- Healthy Workplaces. // Professional Safety;Jun2012, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p20
No abstract available.
- Key Leader Characteristics. Adler, Hal // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Dec2007, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p5
The author explores the characteristics of leaders and their workplaces. He mentions the common features of great workplaces and not-so-great workplaces. He believes leaders in great workplaces execute corporate policies and practices in a way that positively reinforces their culture. He...
- Fraud explosion leads to calls for culture change. // Personnel Today;10/23/2007, p3
The article reports that according to personnel managers in Great Britain, companies must develop an anti-fraud culture in the workplace so that whistleblowing is encouraged. The annual Global Economic Crime Survey by business consultancy PricewaterhouseCoopers found a 21% increase in the...
- The Relationship between Ethical Climate and Ethical Problems within Human Resource Management. Bartels, Lynn K.; Harrick, Edward; Martell, Kathryn; Strickland, Donald // Journal of Business Ethics;May98, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p799
The study examines the relationship between the strength of an organization's ethical climate and ethical problems involving human resource management. Data were collected through a survey of 1078 human resource managers. The results indicate a statistically significant negative relationship...
- BULLYING IN PHARMACEUTICAL SECTOR. // Accountancy Ireland;Jun2005, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p93
Reports on the results of Sigmar Recruitment's human resources survey in Ireland's drug industry. Personnel managers' concerns about staff retention, bullying and return on investment from training; Top ranking of the industry in efforts to establish the least stressful working environment for...