BANK BALLOTS STAFF ON CHANGES TO PENSIONS
- Is Your Retirement Seminar Really Helping? Moore, Rebecca // Plan Sponsor News;2013, p78
The article focuses on a 2013 survey of pre-retirement planning programs offered by large employers. Findings revealed that the programs have improved financial and pension literacy and changed employees' retirement plans. The programs have been rated very good or excellent by 86% of...
- Consider industry. // Super Review;Jun2006, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p3
The article reports on the decisive impact of employers on the retirement incomes of their employees base on their choice of default superannuation funds, according to Industry Fund Network (IFN) in the U.S. IFN Spokesperson Garry Weaven said that employers need to consider an industry fund when...
- National Employee Benefits Day 2014--Focus on Steps to Retirement Security www.ifebp.org/benefitsday. // Plans & Trusts;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p33
The article focuses on the way employees can be sure that they will have the money for their retirement as featured during the Employee Benefits Day to be held on April 2, 2014. It mentions that the retirement planning process can be complicated as one may also need the service of the experts....
- Pension planning made easy. Farnish, Christine // Public Finance;2/11/2005, p19
Comments on the complexity of the current system of means-tested retirement provision offered by the National Association of Pension Funds (NAPF) in Great Britain. Proposal of NAPF to remove the current tangle of state pension benefits; Increase of the income of pensioners by phasing out...
- Time for industrialisation. // Finance Week;7/26/2004, p39
Focuses on the proposal of Kobus Hanekom, head of Sanlam, a consulting company in South Africa, to industrialize the retirement fund offerings of smaller employers in the country. Use of the Stakeholder Pension Fund launched in Great Britain as the basis of Hanekom's argument; Features of the...
- All eyes on pension fund surpluses. // Finance Week;2/17/2003, p44
Reports on the impact of the allocation of pension fund surpluses on the employee benefits industry in South Africa. Legislation to address the issue of pension fund surpluses; Major problem caused by the lack of regulation.
- News in brief. // Employee Benefits;Mar2003, p8
Presents news concerning British employee benefits as of March 2003. Credit card protection firm, CPP's decision to add a cash plan to the company's flexible benefits; Government's investigation of how pension funds have adopted the Myners code.
- EMPLOYEE POWER IN CONVERSIONS TO CASH BALANCE PLANS: UNION, PUBLIC, AND ELECTRONIC VOICE. Cohen, Cynthia F.; Cohen, Murray E. // Journal of Collective Negotiations in the Public Sector;2000, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p273
Focuses on cash-balance pension plans as alternative to defined-benefit plans in the United States. Requests from employees to change plan conversion process; Impact of union and electronic voice on plan changes; Issues related to cash-balance plan conversion; Benefits of plan changes for...
- Cash-balance pension pains. Kruger // Treasury & Risk Management;Sep99, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p13
Reports on the possible approval of a legislation on requirements detailing pension fund conversions in the United States. Impact of the shift from traditional pension plan to cash-balance plan on senior employees; Disclosure issues.