Mummy works -- but daddy still brings home the bacon
- Does the new right to request flexible working increase legal implications for employers? Peacock, Louisa // Employers Law;Jun2008, p5
The article discusses the implications of a government-commissioned review which recommended extending the right to request flexible working to parents with children aged 16 or under in Great Britain. Currently, the right just covers parents with children aged under six or disabled children. The...
- Prevent the mother of all battles. Frazer, Alison // Employers Law;Oct2012, p18
The article offers tips on managing an agency worker who is pregnant or is a new mother, in compliance with British employment laws. The author reminds businesses that the Equality Act 2010 prevents a company from refusing to hire an agency worker because she is pregnant or has a...
- AWR 'could lead to age discrimination' in schools. COTTELL, COLIN // Recruiter;9/7/2011, p7
The article reports on the opinion by John Dunn, director of Randstad Education, that the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR) that was implemented in Great Britain on October 1, 2011 could result to age discrimination.
- LEGAL CHECKLIST. // People Management;7/15/2010, p31
The article discusses court cases related to labor law in Great Britain including one about the distinction between non-employee workers and self-employed, another about the right of an employee working overseas on rotational basis to file an unfair dismissal claim and another about the right of...
- FINANCIAL BURDEN BALANCES AGE ISSUE IN BENSON CASE. // Accountancy;Apr2012, Vol. 148 Issue 1424, p56
The article presents information on employment law and legislation in Great Britain as of April 2012, with information on the definition of age discrimination in a case seen by the British Employment Appeal Tribunal related to employee redundancy, involuntary retirement, early retirement.
- legal calendar. // Employers Law;May2014, p27
A calendar of events relating to British employment law for May to October 2014 is presented which includes the enforcement of Police Act 1997 (Criminal Records) (Amendment No. 2) Regulations 2014, the extension of the right to request flexible working under the 2014 Children and Families Act,...
- Bouncing back. Sparrow, Stephanie // Personnel Today;11/11/2008, p23
The article focuses on the prospect of flexible working in view of the British government's plans to increase the right to request flexible hours from April 2009 as well as impending economic recession. According to a report by Cushman & Wakefield Inc., a quarter of companies expected to reduce...
- COURSES & CONFERENCES. // Employers Law;Apr2008, p26
The article offers information on several conferences on labor laws in Great Britain to be held in London, England in April and May, 2008, including Employment Law Europe, Measuring Up: The Impact of Flexible Work Practices, and Spotlight on HR and the Role of the Line Manager.
- Employment. // Lawyer;9/4/2012, p16
The article focuses on the British court case Hewage v. Grampian Health Board, which dealt with employment disputes under the British Sex Discrimination Act of 1975 and the British Race Relations Act of 1976.