- Labour grandee in cross-party call for talks on savings reform. Dale, Samuel // Money Marketing;3/13/2014, p10
The article reports that former Labour Party member of parliament (MP) of Great Britain, Des Browne, has slammed the British government for ignoring the broken annuity market.
- New NI health minister meets GPs. // GP: General Practitioner;2/3/2003, p14
Reports on the meeting of representatives of general practitioners (GP) in Northern Ireland with Northern Ireland health minister Des Browne. Reasons for Northern Ireland GP to withhold support from primary care reforms; Condition of local health and social care groups in Northern Ireland.
- NEWSPAPERS: Subsequent Editions; Other Books and Pamphlets. // Journalism Quarterly;Summer86, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p423
Introduces several books on journalism. "Victorian News and Newspapers," by Lucy Brown; "The Sporting News: First Hundred Years 1886-1986," by Lowell Reidenbaugh; "Philippine Newspapers: An International Union List," compiled by Shiro Saito and Alice W. Mak.
- Accession nation applicants lose out. // Community Care;5/27/2004, Issue 1524, p6
Reports on the decision of the British government to reject the applications for transitional support of several asylum seekers from the 10 European Union accession nations as of May 27, 2004. Total number of asylum seekers rejected by the government; Percentage of those who had made...
- Government unveils new workplace health and safety strategy. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Apr2004, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p2
Reports on the launch of a new occupational and health safety strategy by British officials in 2004. Aim of the strategy; Key features of the strategy; Statement issued by Des Brown, British Minister of State at the Department for Work and Pensions.
- Untitled. Vorster, Gareth // Personnel Today;4/8/2008, p38
The article reports that British minister Des Browne has unveiled TA100, a campaign to acknowledge the contribution of Territorial soldiers since 1908 on the 100th anniversary of the Territorial Army (TA). Government and employers heaped praise on the skills of Territorial soldiers and pledged...
- Bird Blood Is Thicker than Water. Luntz, Stephen // Australasian Science;Dec2012, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p15
The article speculates on why chestnut-crowned babblers feed young birds that are not their offspring even though they are more likely to do this for their own kin. Doctor Lucy Browning from the University of New South Wales School of Biology, Earth and Environmental Sciences thinks that by...
- explaining the science of romantic love. Belilovskaya, Liz // Brain World;Fall2015, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p50
An interview with Dr. Lucy Brown, a clinical professor in neurology at Einstein College of Medicine in New York City, is presented. When asked about when she discovered her interest in neuroscience, or science in general, Dr. Brown mentions how a psychiatrist session changed her entire outlook...
- Innovators and Preachers/Victorian News and Newspapers (Book). Barnes, James J. // Victorian Studies;Winter87, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p275
Reviews two books about periodicals in England. 'Innovators and Preachers: The Role of the Editor in Victorian England,' edited by Joel H. Wiener; 'Victorian News and Newspapers,' by Lucy Brown.