The Road Ahead
- Selecting a trailer: Wise buy$. Lee, B. // Horse & Rider;Aug89, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p50
Gives advice on selecting a horse trailer. Discusses many trailer features and options. Includes advice from John Schumacher, owner of Six Pine Ranch, Batesville, Ind.
- Air springs tension rubber tracks. // Machine Design;6/13/96, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p55
Focuses on a rubber tracked trailer that spreads loads along crop rows in a long, narrow footprint without destroying roots.
- Longer semi-trailers: the likely compromise? // Motor Transport;12/3/2009, p1
The article reports that trailer manufacturer Don-Bur has said that the British government is unlikely to support longer, heavier vehicles (LHVs), and will instead allow longer semi-trailers.
- Corner that gooseneck! Savvy, Barn // Practical Horseman;Jan97, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p114
Presents advise on the use of gooseneck trailers. Correct method to employ when making turns; List of safety measures to take when traveling with a gooseneck trailer; Instruction on how to make a full 360 degree turn. INSETS: Right turns.;Left turns.;An easy 360..
- Utility trailers. Kimber, R. // Country Journal;Sep88, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p55
Gives advice on purchasing a trailer. Features to check; Size; How to shop.
- Manufacturers ride trailer market ups, downs. Cottrill, Ken // Traffic World;7/29/96, Vol. 247 Issue 4, p28
Reports that demand fluctuations are an integral part of the American trailer business. Peak trailer demand in 1994 with 283,000 units shipped; Effect of country's economy on industry; Impact of just-in-time distribution methods on demand for more trailers.
- Mobile dome. McKenna, Jean // Field & Stream;Nov94, Vol. 99 Issue 7, p17
Presents the Back Country trailer. Features; Use; Price; Contact information.
- Net Trailer Orders Up 38%, Builds Up 69% in 2011: ACT. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;1/26/2012, p3
The article reports on the "State of the Industry: U.S. Trailers," published by ACT Research Co. that showed an increase of 38 percent in net orders for total trailers year-over-year, while build grew by 69 percent, with backlogs in December 2011 at their highest level in the cycle.
- Trailers for rent. Dunn, Jerry Camerllo // National Geographic Traveler;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p18
Presents housing information on trailers which are located at the Shady Dell RV Park and Campground, Arizona. Description of the trailers; Information relating to food; Cost of the trailers by night; Contact information.
- The lighter side of trailers. Birkland, Carol // Fleet Equipment;Feb97, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p23
Focuses on light-weight trailers. Fleets' hauling of freight; Comments from industry executives on light-weight trailers; Weight savings; Composites used in trailers. INSETS: Lighter-weight hub choice.;Spec'ing tips, by Bob, Deierlein..