VW gets Scania stake in $4.37 billion deal
- VW completes Scania buyout. // Motor Transport;3/6/2008, p3
The article reports that Volkswagen (VW) has completed its purchase of the controlling interests in truckmaker Scania. VW bought the controlling shares held by the Wallenberg Foundations and Investor for a total of Â£2.2 billion. Scania will remain a separately listed company and its...
- VW waits as MAN ups Scania bid. // Commercial Motor;10/19/2006, Vol. 204 Issue 5100, p7
The article reports that Volkswagen (VW) is backing the formation of a new holding company including MAN, Scania and itself. The German car and van manufacturer is giving the two truck makers four weeks to come to an agreement before backing any hostile bids by either company. VW says that if no...
- GERMANY: Volkswagen controls 98.19% of shares in Scania. Leggett, Dave // Aroq - Just-Auto.com (Global News);5/24/2014, p5
A reprint of the article "GERMANY: Volkswagen controls 98.19% of shares in Scania" by Dave Leggett, which appeared in the online resource' May 21, 2014 issue, is presented.
- Scania investors urged to refuse offer. // Commercial Motor;3/20/2014, Vol. 221 Issue 5578, p5
The article reports that directors at automotive manufacturer Scania AB have urged their minority stakeholders not to sell their shares to automobile company Volkswagenwerk at 200 Swedish Krona (SEK) per share.
- SWEDEN: Scania appoints committee to mull Volkswagen US$9.2bn bid. Warburton, Simon // Aroq - Just-Auto.com (Global News);2/24/2014, p7
The article reports that Scania AB has appointed a committee to evaluate Volkswagen's bid to acquire the truckmaker.
- LBO Upturn May Be On The Way. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;9/10/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 35, pN.PAG
Reports on the leveraged buyout (LBO) activities in the stock market and its impact on the market. Role of the decrease in stock prices on acquisition; Companies which are not interested in LBO activities; Benefactor of conservative deal structure.
- SWEDEN: VW Group dealt blow as Scania rejects shares bid. Leggett, Dave // Aroq - Just-Auto.com (Global News);3/21/2014, p7
The article presents a reprint of the article "Sweden: VW Group dealt blow as Scania rejects shares bid" by Dave Leggett, which appeared in the March 18, 2014 issue of the periodical. It states that board of commercial vehicles maker Scania AB has rejected a bid of car maker Volkswagenwerk to...
- Untitled. // Commercial Motor;7/24/2008, Vol. 208 Issue 5290, p13
The article offers news briefs related to the transportation industry in Great Britain. Volkswagen has been given the European Commission's approval to gain a majority stake in Swedish truck-maker Scania AB. Continental Tyres has rejected Schaeffler Group's takeover bid, proposing Â£55 per...
- Boardroom struggle over MAN merger. // Commercial Motor;1/25/2007, Vol. 205 Issue 5213, p16
The article reports on the concerns of Volkswagen (VW) over the position of Swedish MAN boss Hakan Samuelsson and its takeover bid for Swedish truck giant Scania. VW, a major shareholder in both companies, wants a friendly merger so it can incorporate its Brazilian-based truck business in a...