VW gets Scania stake in $4.37 billion deal
- VW extends date to woo shareholders. // Commercial Motor;5/8/2014, Vol. 221 Issue 5585, p5
The article reports on the move of automobile manufacturer Volkswagenwerk which has extended the April 25, 2014 deadline for shareholders of Scania AB to May 16, 2014 to accept its proposal to acquire the rest of the shares that it does not already own in the company.
- Volkswagen takes majority share in Scania. // Commercial Motor;3/6/2008, Vol. 207 Issue 5270, p06
The article reports that Volkwagen has become the majority shareholder in Scania after acquiring the entire Investor AB and Wallenberg Foundations stake in the company. The moves reportedly ends the speculation that has surrounded the future of Scania for some time, especially regarding a...
- VW and MAN vie for Scania. // Motor Transport;3/27/2003, p8
Reveals that both MAN and Volkswagen AG (VW) are interested in acquiring the majority stake in Scania AB when Volvo sells its shares in 2004. Comments from Rudolf Rupprecht, MAN boss; Negotiation deals of MAN with VW and Scania.
- LBO Upturn May Be On The Way. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;9/10/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 35, pN.PAG
Reports on the leveraged buyout (LBO) activities in the stock market and its impact on the market. Role of the decrease in stock prices on acquisition; Companies which are not interested in LBO activities; Benefactor of conservative deal structure.
- Scania board rejects latest bid from MAN. // Commercial Motor;11/30/2006, Vol. 204 Issue 5206, p16
The article reports on the rejection of the board of directors of Swedish firm Scania on the takeover bid of MAN. Scania's board of directors rejected the offer while MAN has given assurances to Scania's staff over job security thinking that MAN undervalues the firm. MAN, on the other hand, is...
- Swede and sour. Gray, Dylan // Commercial Motor;9/21/2006, Vol. 204 Issue 5196, p22
The article reports on the announcement made by German truck manufacturer MAN of its intention to acquire Swedish rival Scania. MAN CEO Hakan Samuelsson emphasized that it will not be a hostile takeover, instead it will seek the agreement of the board of Scania. MAN has also approached the...
- Company Monitor. // Germany Autos Report;Q2 2009, p46
The article profiles Volkswagen AG (VW), one of the largest automobile manufacturers in Europe. Its expansion enabled the company to gain 20% of the European market share. In March 2008, VW reached an agreement with Investor AB and Wallenberg Foundations, concerning the purchase of their stakes...
- Scania still in dispute with EC over Volvo. // Motor Transport;10/7/2004, p8
Reports on the dispute of automobile manufacturer Scania with European Commission (EC) over a bid for Volvo. Claims of Scania against the EC; Role of Brussels, Belgium in the takeover bid; Comment of Scania chief executive Leif Ostling regarding the placement of shares of Volvo in a separate...
- VW completes Scania buyout. // Motor Transport;3/6/2008, p3
The article reports that Volkswagen (VW) has completed its purchase of the controlling interests in truckmaker Scania. VW bought the controlling shares held by the Wallenberg Foundations and Investor for a total of Â£2.2 billion. Scania will remain a separately listed company and its...