TITLE

Dry van orders increase 27% in February

PUB. DATE
April 2008
SOURCE
Trailer / Body Builders;Apr2008, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p8
SOURCE TYPE
Trade Publication
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
The article reports on the February 2008 trailer orders data from the Americas Commercial Transportation (ACT) Research Co. LLC. The entry notes that dry van orders increased by 27% while total trailers were up by 12%. It also cites year-on-year perspective showing that dry van builds declined by 39% in February 2008 compared to 2007. In relation to this, ACT confirms that dry van inventories are 1,600 units higher than they were at the end of 2007.
ACCESSION #
32023794

 

Related Articles

  • Trailer order volumes slow as order season wanes.  // Fleet Equipment;Apr2015, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p18 

    The article discusses the "State of the Industry: U.S. Trailers" published by the transportation research company Americas Commercial Transportation Research Co., which reveals decline in trailer net orders in February 2015, and presents the views of Frank Maly of ACT on the same.

  • Trailer orders 'modestly lower' than expected.  // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2008, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p8 

    The article reports on the decline in the trailer orders released by A.C.T. in December 2007. A.C.T. issued a total of 12,378 orders compared with the low-end expectations of 13,000-15,000 by Bear Stearns. It cites the reduction of dry van orders by 18% year-over-year in December. The dry van...

  • Trailer Orders Up 17% in November: ACT.  // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;12/23/2013, p1 

    The article reports that according to the report "State of the Industry: U.S. Trailers" published by research company ACT Research Co., orders in the U.S. for trailers rose by 17 percent in November 2014, with orders concentrating on dry vans, flats and liquid tanks.

  • December trailer net orders continue climb.  // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;2/ 8/2011, p7 

    The article offers information on the 7% increase in net orders of commercial trailers in December 2010. According to the Americas Commercial Transportation Research Co. LLC (ACT), the surge in net orders has been broad-based and factory shipments increased by 12%. However, ACT president Kenny...

  • Commercial trailer orders surge in February.  // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;4/ 5/2011, p2 

    The article offers information on the increase of commercial trailer net orders by 25% from January to 21,990 in February 2011. Americas Commercial Transportation Research Co. LLC (ACT) reported that all nine trailer categories have posted year-to-date increases for both shipments and net orders...

  • Net Trailer Orders Up 7% in June.  // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;7/24/2013, p1 

    The article reports growth in net trailer orders in June, 2013, according to the State of the Industry: U.S. Trailers report published by the commercial vehicle (CV) industry data services provider ACT Research Co. and presents the views of Frank Maly from ACT Research on the same.

  • Trailer Orders Up 14% in December, Down 2% for 2013: ACT.  // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;1/24/2014, p1 

    The article discusses the report "State of the Industry: U.S. Trailers" published by ACT Research Co. as of January 24, 2014. It mentions an increase in number of trailer orders in December 2013. It includes comments from Frank Maly, Director of CV Transportation Analysis and Research at ACT...

  • Trailer orders rise year-over-year in July.  // Trailer / Body Builders;Sep2015, Vol. 56 Issue 11, p10 

    The article reports decline in orders for the U.S. trailers in July 2015 according to the report "State of the Industry: US Trailers" released by Americas Commercial Transportation Research Co. particularly due to decrease in sale of flatbeds and dry-van.

  • ACT Research: Trailer orders break record in October.  // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;11/25/2014, p9 

    The article reports on the 90% year-over-year increase in the number of orders for commercial trailers in October 2014 which was attributed to higher orders from small and medium truck fleets and better industry conditions, according to Americas Commercial Transportation (ACT) Research Co. LLC.

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of VIRGINIA BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY AND SYSTEM

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics