Trailer tire problems generate most calls
- Hendrickson's Technical Suspension Training Set for October. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;8/14/2013, p1
The article focuses on the 13th session of Hendrickson Vehicle Suspension Institute technical suspension training to be held in Springdale, Arkansas on October 22-23, 2013 and October 24-25, 2013. Topics include providing hands-on experience to heavy-duty transportation service technicians on...
- HOW TO patch walls. Hartley, Paul // Overdrive;Apr2000, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p82
Focuses on how to repair the damage done to trailer interiors by power loading machines. Lining of the interior of the trailers; Reefer liners; Methods of mending fiberglass panels.
- PM for heavy haulers. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;May96, Issue 522, p2
Provides preventive maintenance tips for military trucks and trailers. Attention to details; Precautionary measures; Lighting and tires.
- Thermo King EMI Packages Cut Lifetime Maintenance Costs. // Fleet Equipment;May2001, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p42
Features the extended maintenance intervals (EMI) packages for trucks and trailers from Thermo King Corp. EMI 3000 for trailers; EMI 2000 for trucks.
- YOU TELL US. Denby, Dick; Walls, Nick // Commercial Motor;6/6/2013, Vol. 219 Issue 5538, p15
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including one on semi-trailer maintenance in Great Britain in the May 23, 2013 issue and another discussing the challenges facing the British trucking industry.
- DON'T BLOW IT. // Boating World;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p59
The article offers tips on replacing a worn trailer tire including leaving the trailer on level ground and removing the lug nuts holding the wheel.
- Growth projected for mobile maintenance services. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner Blog;
The article discusses the potential growth of mobile maintenance and repair services focusing on commercial trucks and trailers. As stated, the anticipated growth is caused by the convenience offered by the concept where customers can schedule repairs and preventative maintenance (PM) on-site at...
- CURBING CORROSION. CRISSEY, JEFF // Commercial Carrier Journal;Dec2009, Vol. 166 Issue 12, p50
The article discusses the methods used to prevent corrosion in trucks and trailers caused by anti-icing chemicals sprayed on the road surface. The most common chemicals, namely, magnesium chloride and calcium chloride, have the ability to wick into seams, cracks and paint chips of trucks. New...
- Everything's automatic..not!! // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Mar97, Issue 532, p2
Gives tips to members of the US Army on maintaining the palletized loading system (PLS) of military truck, trailer and flatrack. Disconnection of trailer electrical cables and air hoses; Caps on hoses and connectors; Lubrication; Fuel-water separator filter housing.