- MEMC Begins 300mm Production in Taiwan. // Electronic News;9/5/2005, Vol. 51 Issue 36, pN.PAG
Reports on the wafer production started by MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. at its Taisil facility in Hsinchu, Taiwan in September 2005. Plans of MEMC for the Taisil facility; Significance of the production at Taisil to the company; Comments from Nabeel Gareeb, MEMC CEO, about the production.
- MEMC Unveils Aggressive Capacity Plans. // Electronic News;4/5/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 14, pN.PAG
Reports on the plans of MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. to increase its wafer capacity per month in the second quarter of 2004. Increase in its capacity in the first quarter; Remarks from MEMC CEO Nabeel Gareeb.
- MEMC Stays in the Black. // Electronic News;5/5/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 18, pN.PAG
Reports on the net income posted by silicon wafer supplier MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. for the first-quarter of 2003. Increase in the company's net sales; Gross margin for the quarter; Pricing pressure experienced by the company.
- MEMC Q3 Sales, Profits Climb. // Electronic News;11/3/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 44, pN.PAG
Reports on the increase in profit posted by silicon wafer supplier MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. for the third quarter of 2003. Earnings per diluted share; Total value of sales; Value of its capital expenditure.
- MEMC, Motech Talks Off; Suntech On. // Electronic News;7/10/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 28, p44
The article reports that MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. has signed an agreement with Suntech Power Holdings Ltd. to supply solar wafers. Sales of the wafers over the 10-year period would generate between $5 billion and $6 billion in revenue for MEMC. The agreement was signed after talks between...
- MEMC shrinks sales outlook, sees no long-term damage from Hurricane Ike. Deffree, Suzanne // Electronic News (10616624);9/29/2008, Vol. 54 Issue 39, p4
The article reports that MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. lowered its revenue guidance on the delay of raw material deliveries from its suppliers due to the effects of Hurricane Ike in Texas. According to Nabeel Gareeb, MEM's chief executive officer, they were able to start up successfully their...
- MEMC Enjoys Strong Q3. // Electronic News;11/1/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 44, pN.PAG
Reports on the financial results of U.S. silicon wafer supplier MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. for the third quarter of 2004. Net sales posted by the company; Factors which led to the improved gross margin of MEMC; Remarks from Nabeel Gareeb, chief executive officer of MEMC, on the financial...
- MEMC facility back online after STF leak. Deffree, Suzanne // Electronic News;5/5/2008, Vol. 54 Issue 18, p5
The article reports that production operations at MEMC Electronic Materials' facility in Pasadena, Texas has been resumed after a raw materials leak on April 24, 2008. The wafer manufacturer stated that at approximately 4:20 p.m. local time a transfer line from a transport vehicle developed a...
- Wafer Woes Continue. Chappell, Jeff // Electronic News;8/20/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 34, p28
Discusses the status of silicon suppliers in the United States in the second quarter of 2001. Percentage of decline in the wafer shipments; Reason for the reluctance of wafer suppliers to increase their production capacity; Information on the net sales of MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. in the...