Viewpoint: Mechanisms of Action and Therapeutic Potential of Neurohormetic Phytochemicals
- Manage Stress with Relora Cut Sweet Cravings at the Same Time. Cass, Hyla // Total Health;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p44
Examines the use of the dietary supplement Relora in helping individuals manage their stress. Impact of stress on people in the U.S.; Components of Relora; Side effects of the intake of Relora; Things to be included in a stress management plan.
- The Role of Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids in Cardiovascular Health. Barrett, Sara Jean // Alternative Therapies in Health & Medicine;2013 Supplement 1 Heart Health, Vol. 19, p26
Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (Ï‰-3 PUFAs) play an important role in both primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular diseases (CVDs). Clinicians should strongly consider therapy with Ï‰-3 PUFAs for individuals at risk for CVD and with known CVD, particularly individuals who...
- Carnosine: A Proven Longevity Factor. Evans, Susan // Life Extension;Jun2012, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p1
No abstract available.
- Cut Cholesterol: Four ways to unclog arteries, naturally. DUGDALE, JULIE // Natural Solutions;Oct2010, Issue 128, p38
The article offers information on various natural products that are helpful in cutting down cholesterol, which increases the risk of coronary disease. According to American Heart Association (AHA) study, 37 million of Americans are suffering from heart disease. Information on several natural...
- Supplements That Complement Cancer Chemotherapy. // Life Extension;Jul2009, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p84
The article focuses on the supplements that help in cancer chemotherapy. A study by the Block Center in Evanston, Illinois showed nutritional supplements that are proven to influence the efficacy of chemotherapy. The nutrients and phytochemicals that were found to have positive results include...
- How can stress make us overeat? // Art of Healing;Mar-May2012, Vol. 1 Issue 38, p20
The article focuses on the ways stress can result for an individual to commit overeating. It discusses the role of corticotropin-releasing hormone called epinephrine on the physiological aspect of eating. It cites several activities that can prevent stress to result overeating, which include...
- Heal Your Whole Self After Cancer. SILVER, JULIE // Natural Solutions;Apr/May2012, Issue 143, p50
The article offers information related to the recovery of patients after undergoing cancer treatments. It says that there are more than 12 million survivors of cancer in the U.S. who have been vocal on their need to acquire recovery after cancer treatment procedures. It mentions several side...
- Psychological stress and cardiovascular disease: empirical demonstration of bias in a prospective observational study of Scottish men. Macleod, John; Smith, George Davey; Heslop, Pauline; Metcalfe, Chris; Carroll, Douglas; Hart, Carole; John; Lynch // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/25/2002, Vol. 324 Issue 7348, p1247
Abstract: Objectives: To examine the association between self perceived psychological stress and cardiovascular disease in a population where stress was not associated with social disadvantage. Design: Prospective observational study with follow up of 21 years and repeat screening of half the...
- Five that fight disease. J.W. // Essence (Essence);Aug98, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p36
Identifies therapeutic uses of several nutritional supplements. Foci acid's protection against birth defects, heart attack, stroke and cervical cancer; Protection against heart attack and stroke through vitamin B6 intake; Calcium's ability to prevent osteoporosis and hypertension.