Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions: A Tool Kit for Northbound Acquisitions
- Recent Developments in Takeover Defense Discussions in Japan. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2008 Q3, Special section p1
The article focuses on the 2008 Report, a report on takeover defense measures, issued by the Ministry of Trade, Economy and Industry of Japan (METI) in June 30 and its expected impact on market practices. It discusses the framework of the report, which starts by prescribing the basic principles...
- hostile bid. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Business & Management Dictionary;2007, p3668
A definition of the term "hostile bid" is presented. It refers to a takeover bid that is opposed by the target company.
- First Advantage Buys Fast to Boost Services. Sikora, Martin // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jun2004, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p25
Reports on the agreement of vetting and investigative company First Advantage Corp. to acquire tax services for business specialist CIC Enterprises. Reason for acquiring the services of CIC Enterprises; Services offered by First Advantage; Other target companies joining First Advantage; Primary...
- u.s. acquisitions abroad. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jun2004, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p60
Lists the U.S. merger & acquisition deals abroad as of June 2004. Names of the acquirer; Target companies of the acquirer; Terms of the deal; Completed date.
- Defence against unwelcome takeover. Copeman, Sue // Accountancy;Jul1980, Vol. 91 Issue 1043, p24
The article reports on the launching of an insurance policy to cover most of the company's cost incurred in defending itself against an unwelcome takeover bid at Lloyd's, with the A A Cassidy syndicate leading. The policy is currently only on offer to U.S. companies but a version for Great...
- Acquiring poorly performing companies during a recession. Angwin, Duncan; Meadows, Maureen // Journal of General Management;Autumn2012, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p1
At this time of recession, many companies are performing badly and some become acquisition targets. Once acquired, the General Manager needs to consider how to turn around the acquired company. Existing studies of turnarounds suggest a uniform approach to the early stages of management, but this...
- foreign acquisitions in the U.S. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jun2004, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p57
Presents a list of foreign merger & acquisition deals in the U.S. as of June 2004. Names of the acquirers; Target companies of the acquirers; Terms of the deal; Completed date of the deal.
- Break fees in takeovers - directors' duties. // Accountancy;Jun2002, Vol. 129 Issue 1306, p87
A break fee agreement may be entered into by the directors of a target company on the company's behalf as its agents. This requires the target company to pay an agreed amount to the bidder in a takeover situation if the bid fails, or if events specified in the agreement occur to prevent the bid...
- 'Poison pills' blunt Daimler takeover talk. // Automotive News;5/7/2012, Vol. 86 Issue 6515, p30
The article reports on a possible hostile takeover of Mercedes-Benz parent as speculations are rising that Gulf emirate Abu Dhabi might sell its stake in Daimler. But Daimler long ago took steps to deter unfriendly investors--known as "poison pills" in investor parlance. If a hostile investor...