Things That Make Your Clients Think Twice
- Revisiting Client Confidentiality. Bearden, Frank C. // Advisor Today;Sep2008, Vol. 103 Issue 9, p30
The author commemorates his first column regarding client-confidentiality in the U.S. It states that a financial advisor in practice should think of the office environment as a sealed system regarding client confidentiality. It adds that it should be remembered that as financial planning and...
- Leveraging their strengths. NAPOLITANO, JOHN // Accounting Today;Nov2014, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p26
The article examines the advantages that broker-dealers can provide to accountants practicing as financial planners or financial advisors. Topics discussed include the ways by which advisors can maximize the benefits from their broker-dealer relationship, the factors to consider in choosing a...
- Planners urged to be expansive. // Money Management;3/3/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on the need for financial planners to be expansive in finding returns for their clients in Australia.
- Planners shift to passive investments. Stewart, Tim // Money Management;9/15/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p1
The article reports on the increasing recommendations of passive investments made by financial planners.
- CE QUIZ. // Financial Planning;Sep2009, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p124
A quiz about financial planning which were featured in the issue is presented.
- Commissions mask true cost of advice. // Super Review;Apr2010, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p3
The article cites a study from West Australian super fund GESB which shows that Australian consumers are questioning on the true cost of advice, in which almost half of them thought less than 500 U.S. dollars per year was appropriate for a five-year financial plan.
- Glad tidings of good planning. Tisshaw, Gavin // Money Marketing;11/28/2002, p16
Discusses the value of financial advice offered by independent financial advisers (IFA) in Great Britain. Establishment of a bank of real-life examples of how advice made by an IFA made a tangible difference in people's lives; Potential savings made for clients every time an IFA puts a life...
- Learn financial basics before seeking help from professionals. Lenahan, Phil // Our Sunday Visitor;4/1/2012, Vol. 100 Issue 49, p25
This article presents tips for choosing a professional financial counselor.
- Depression in the Profession. Peck, Maureen // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p10
Introduces articles on the emotional component of being a financial advisor featured in the April 2003 issue of the 'Journal of Financial Planning.'