The Job Search: It's About Finding the Right Match
- Get a Job in 90 Days! Zimmerman, Eilene // Essence (Time Inc.);Sep2010, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p160
The article profiles employees who have maximized their efforts in searching for a job and landed a position in less than 90 days. Yasmine H. Parish believes she got hired fast because as an intern she exceeded expectations and asked for feedback. Tiara Gantt suggests following up every...
- The job hunt. Touby, Laurel // Glamour;June97, Vol. 95 Issue 6, p118
Advises job hunters about the power of a post-interview thank-you note. Increasing chances of an offer; What to include in the note.
- Max out the full value of 'thank yous' Kennedy, Marilyn Moats // Marketing News;8/15/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 13, p26
The article describes how to thank friends and acquaintances adequately for helping one get a new job. The author states that in addition to verbal and written thank you notes, the recipient should also take opportunities to pay the friends back in kind, mention their supporters' names to...
- ace the interview! // Seventeen;May2013, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p126
The author offers tips on how to have a successful job interview including not sitting back and looking too relaxed, never waiting for the interviewer to ask questions and writing a thank-you note.
- Networking the Old-Fashioned Way: Through Thank-You Notes. King, Jennifer E.; Jelinski, Jennifer M. // Corporate Legal Times;May2000, Vol. 10 Issue 102, p10
Focuses on the use of thank-you notes as networking tools. Addition of a personal dimension to a relationship; Offering of few words of praise.
- Networking Survival Guide: 10 Essential Tips. Crawford, Hallie // Contract Management;Oct2007, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p6
The article discusses ten career networking strategies. The strategies include choosing networking tactics that best fit one's personality, using the Internet to search the best networks in one's area of expertise, carrying one's business cards always, finding a networking friend, using...
- Why Don't Interviewers Call Back? Trunk, Penelope // California Job Journal;1/11/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 1167, p5
The author talks about why job candidates do not hear back after the interview. According to the author, by not being transparent, the interviewer thinks that it makes the eventual turn-down more palatable, but it creates inefficiency and friction in the system. The author states that the...
- Checklist for a Better Interview. BROWN-VOLKMAN, DEBORAH // California Job Journal;8/16/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 1198, p3
The article offers information for having a successful job interview. It advises individuals to prepare before the interview by researching about the company and position they are applying for. Individuals can try answering questions about their strengths, weaknesses and future plans. Applicants...
- Sending thank-you note could land you the job. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);08/06/99, Vol. 46 Issue 32, pB11
Reports on the results of a survey which studied executives' views on the value of post-interview thank-you notes when evaluating job applicants in the United States. Percentage of job applicants who send thank-you notes; Ways of sending thank-you notes.