Lessons Learned From Buying a New Car
- Customer-friendly setting can ease pain of financing. Russell, John A. // Automotive News;3/26/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5922, p6i
Discusses automobile dealers' efforts to create friendlier environments in their finance and insurance (F&I) departments. Goal of calming consumer fears; Making car buying less intimidating; Miller/Zell's creation of a dealership design formula for Saturn, Lexus and Infiniti.
- Savvy buyers force dealer upgrades. Webb, Alysha // Automotive News;9/25/2006 Supplement, Vol. 81, p77
The article presents information related to automobile dealerships in China. Automakers in the country ensure that dealership staff is properly trained. Customers in China ask a lot of questions regarding the vehicle that they plan to buy and they expect that the staff at dealerships will answer...
- Battle plans. Anderson, Eric // Dealernews;Feb98, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p44
Advises motorcycle dealers to create a `battle plan' that can help attend to customers more effectively and manage the dealership more efficiently. Establishing a chain of command; Pitfalls of over-departmentalizing; Surveying the entire dealership floor; Rewarding customers with personal...
- Offside Undo. Mandel, Dutch // AutoWeek;2/18/2002, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p10
Discusses various aspects of car buying in the United States. Evaluation on the relationship between carmakers and customers; Problems on car buying; Assessment on the difficulty of car delivery.
- Steal a Car. // Men's Health;Oct99, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p61
Gives advice in buying automobile. How to check the background of the dealer; Avoiding trade-in; Negotiation of price.
- Looking for a bargain car? Consider the 'ugly duckling.' McCulley, Russell // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/29/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p30
Focuses on the trends in automobile purchasing in New Orleans, Louisiana. Consumers' preference for the Toyota Camry; Challenges faced by automobile dealers.
- Carmakers greet 1994 with new batch of incentives for dealers. // AutoWeek;1/31/94, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p9
Reports on the cash incentives provided by carmakers to their dealers to help sell cars. Isuzu Motor Corp.; Mitsubishi Motors Corp.; Subaru of America Inc.; Toyota Motor Co.
- Outwit the wheel dealers. Hirce, Katie // Glamour;Mar99, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p150
Offers advice in buying a car. Car dealership tips from female motor mavens, Deanna Sclar and Lesley Hazleton; Automobile buyer's guide recommended.
- A brief guide to buying them online. // Medical Economics;04/10/2000, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p30
Presents tips on buying cars online in the United States. Bypassing automobile dealers through CarsDirect.com; Failure to save money despite the online purchase; Method of getting the best possible price; Discovery of dealer costs; Benefits and drawbacks of popular car-buying sites.