Sublabial Transseptal vs Transnasal Combined Endoscopic Microsurgery in Patients With Cushing Disease and MRI--Depicted Microadenomas
- VIEWS. Minerva // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);2/2/91, Vol. 302 Issue 6771, p300
Presents views on medical developments as of February 1991 in Great Britain. Introduction of the three dimensional magnetic resonance imaging in the study of the heart; Discussion on the cushing reflex; Prevalence of stomach cancer in north west Wales.
- Transsphenoidal Microsurgery for Cushing Disease. Mampalam, Thomas J.; Tyrrell, J. Blake; Wilson, Charles B. // Annals of Internal Medicine;9/15/88, Vol. 109 Issue 6, p487
Provides information on a study that reported cumulative results of the transsphenoidal microsurgical treatment of Cushing disease in 221 patients. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion on the study.
- Gamma Knife Radiosurgery for Vestibular Schwannomas. Liscak, Roman // Otorhinolaryngology Clinics: An International Journal;2011, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p57
The current gamma knife radiosurgery technique involves the use of magnetic resonance imaging for targeting, the application of a low marginal dose (usually between 12 and 13 Gy) and highly conformal treatment planning using multiple small isocenters. This technique achieves an average tumor...
- Subclinical hypercortisolism: debatable or visible on the lightbox? Vassiliadi, Dimitra; Tsagarakis, Stylianos // Endocrine (1355008X);Aug2012, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p7
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including subclinical hypercortisolism, autopsy of the adrenal nodules through the development of modern radiology modalities and magnetic resonance imaging.
- Cerebrospinal fluid markers in multiple sclerosis: an overview. Massaro, A.R.; Tonali, P. // Multiple Sclerosis (13524585);Feb98, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p1
Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), with its protein markers, is a formidable material for investigating the relationships among the various cell types involved during the initial phase of plaque formation, or, successively, in the remyelination process. Its analysis may give definite help in better...
- Intermittent herniation of brain: A rare cause of intermittent cerebrospinal fluid rhinorrhea. Sen, Anitha; Kesavadas, Chandrasekharan // Neurology India;Jan2011, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p131
The article presents a case study of a 48-year-old female with intermittent episodes of watery discharge from right nostril since 4-5 months. Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) revealed herniation of right gyrus rectus of the brain. The patient had temporary cessation of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF)...
- Isolated Abducens Nerve Palsy: An Unusual Presentation of Leukemia. Chen, Kuo-Shin; Hung, lou Jih; Lin, Kuang-Lin // Journal of Child Neurology;Nov2002, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p850
We present a case of isolated abducens nerve palsy with negative magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) findings and unusual cerebrospinal fluid results. The patient was treated for a central nervous system infection initially. After the second cerebrospinal fluid examination, a diagnosis of central...
- Can cerebrospinal fluid damage periventricular structures in traumatic brain injury? Cheng, Quan; Jiang, Bing; Chen, Rui; Huang, Jun; Wang, Junyu // Acta Neurochirurgica;Jan2013, Vol. 155 Issue 1, p191
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Use of magnetic resonance imaging to measure intracranial cerebrospinal fluid volume" in the previous issue.
- Assessment of the impact of the removal of cerebrospinal fluid on cerebral tissue volumes by advanced volumetric 3D-MRI in posthaemorrhagic hydrocephalus in a premature infant. Hunt, R.W.; Warfield, S.K.; Wang, H.; Kean, M.; Volpe, J.J.; Inder, T.E. // Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry;May2003, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p658
Current clinical practice in the premature infant with posthaemorrhagic ventricular dilatation (PHVD) includes drainage of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). This case study used advanced volumetric three dimensional magnetic resonance imaging to document the impact of CSF removal on the volume of...