Classroom Observation: Guidelines
- The Peer Review of Teaching (Book Review). Keig, Larry // Journal of Higher Education;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p612
Reviews the book 'The Peer Review of Teaching: A Sourcebook,' by Nancy Van Note Chism.
- Teaching Awards: A Look at Selection Criteria. // Teaching Professor;Jan2007, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p3
The article discusses the views of Nancy Van Note Chism, an expert on teaching and learning issues, on the criteria used to determine recipients of the teaching award. The criteria include how well the teacher communicates, employs high standards and clear goals, and uses active learning....
- Course Portfolios. // Journal of Developmental Education;Winter2006, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p38
The article addresses use of portfolios to track course success through student work. The information is based on the book "Making Teaching and Learning Visible: Course Portfolios and the Peer Review of Teaching," by D. Bernstein, A. M. Burnett, A. Goodburn, and P. Savory. Two types of course...
- Book reviews. Rule, Sarah // Education & Treatment of Children (ETC);Feb90, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p91
Reviews the book `Effective Teaching: Principles and Procedures of Applied Behavior Analysis with Exceptional Students,' by M. Wolery, D.B. Bailey Jr. and G.M. Sugai.
- Reviews: Books. Jennings, Arthur // Journal of Biological Education;Spring96, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p77
Reviews the book `The Effective Teaching of Biology,' by C.R. Brown.
- Resource reviews. Boylan, Colin // Australian Science Teachers Journal;Jun96, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p67
Reviews the book `The Effective Teaching of Biology,' by Chris R. Brown.
- Effective Teaching of Reading (Book Review). // Education;Apr/May72, Vol. 92 Issue 4, p15
This book is intended primarily for the person taking a first course in the teaching of reading, either as a separate course, or as part of the regular language arts offering. The book stresses a balanced and common-sense point of view that is based on a thorough knowledge of recent research in...
- Criterion-referenced measurement of instructional impact on cognitive outcomes. Hart, Kenneth E.; Sciutto, Mark J. // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Mar96, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p26
Reports on the preliminary development and initial use of a `teacher-friendly' approach to instructional evaluation that promises to help close the gap between theory and research on educational measurement and the actual use of assessment by instructors of psychology. Practical benefits of...
- Behaviorists adopt five-point program for effective teaching. // Curriculum Review;Dec92, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p21
Presents the five point program for effective teaching adopted by the International Institute for Advocacy for School Children (IABC).