The Fan Selection Process: How to select the right fans and successfully specify fan pressure
- Fan maintenance saves energy. Petersen, Dana // Missouri Ruralist;Aug2012, p43
The article focuses on proper fan selection and maintenance to improve the energy efficiency of the ventilation system. INSET: Spreader moves more material.
- It is time to go with the mixed flow? Howie, Alasdair // Heating & Ventilating Review;Apr2013, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p42
The article discusses the developments in the ventilation industry in Great Britain. It focuses on the various factors that should be considered when choosing the most appropriate fan for a project, including low energy consumption, aesthetics and low noise. It features the mixed flow in-line...
- Repair the fan, save money. Kuli, Thomas J.; Rape, Tim // Mining Engineering;Dec2005, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p31
The article discusses the cost saving effectiveness of fans used in mines and mining. Customers are choosing the repair option over replacement because its cost savings can range from 20 to 80 percent. Regular inspections and documentation of wear is a way to save money on repair costs. Rotor...
- OVERCLADDING. Genge, Gerald R.; Burton, Brian // Canadian Consulting Engineer;Aug/Sep2014, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p56
The article informs about Overcladding which refers to the installation of a new thermally effective skin over the existing fagade of a building and mentions its advantages. Topics discussed include that Overcladding improves thermal performance, energy efficiency, and air tightness, reduces...
- Benefits of Fan System Optimization. Wroblewski, Ronald G. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Apr2007 Supplement, Vol. 79, p21
The article discusses the benefits of optimizing the building fan system. The efficiency of both equipment and the fan system are factors to be considered when evaluating energy consumption. According to the article, optimization can eliminate breakdowns and duct cracking. Energy wasted can be...
- EC motor boosts fan efficiency. // Heating & Ventilating Review;Apr2011, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p31
The article provides information on EC TwinBox Fan and its role in enhancing high efficiency and low energy consumption of fans.
- Selecting Fans. Kavanaugh, Steve // ASHRAE Journal;Oct2015, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Selecting Fans for Minimum Energy Consumption" by Michael Brendel in the August 2015 issue.
- Green storage gaining ground. Gabay, Eyal // Communications News;Aug2007, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p26
The article discusses strategies for making Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Local Area Networks (LAN) more energy-efficient and affordable for data centers. Several vendors are now designing hardware and other products with power-saving features. Internal fans can be programmed to run at reduced...
- DESIGNING FOR Energy-Efficient Operations and MAINTENANCE. Lewis, Angela // Engineered Systems;Aug2010, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p30
The article discusses the energy and maintenance management of the building industry in the U.S. It states the importance of energy efficiency in a sustainable and energy-efficient design, construction, and the operations of a high-performance building. It also mentions that the practices of...