Fire Smoke Dampers: Prevent Occupants from Getting the Shaft
- Fire detection for prestige hotel. // International Fire & Security Product News;Feb2004, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p25
Focuses on the Hochiki fire protection system installed at the Rydges Plaza hotel in Qatar. Background of the photoelectric smoke sensors used in the building; Description of the SRA-ET reflective beam smoke detectors of the hotel; Design of the fire protection system.
- New base sounders. // International Fire & Security Product News;Dec2003, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p24
Introduces three base sounders for use with the XP95, Discovery and XPlorer ranges of intelligent fire detectors from Apollo Fire Detectors Ltd. Features of the Intelligent Base Sounder; Compatibility of the Ancillary Base Sounder with the XP95 and Discovery detectors; Design of the XPlorer...
- Reflective beam detector. // International Fire & Security Product News;Dec2003, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p26
Introduces a reflective beam detector from Apollo Fire Detectors. Description of the beam detector; Design of the detector; Features of the Apollo reflective beam detector.
- CRYING WOLF? // Fire Safety Engineering;Apr2006, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p22
The article looks into the steps fire alarm installers and users can make in helping to achieve falser alarm reductions. The installer or maintainer needs an arsenal of management tools onsite to overcome the problems caused by conditions which, if left unchecked, could compromise the life...
- CATERING FOR ALL. // Fire Safety Engineering;Dec2006/Jan2007, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p25
The article discusses the installation of fire detectors with integrated voice messaging and beacons at the Hotel de France, a four-star hotel in Jersey, Channel Islands. KMS Gebaeudeplanugf GmbH installed Gent Vigilon system with S-Quad detectors that use a patented dual angle optical scatter...
- SMART TALK. Holmberg, David // Fire Chief;Aug2006, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p54
The article discusses the modern fire system in different buildings that provides real-time information to the responders during emergency situation. Modern fire system in large buildings gives awareness to those outside the building like telling where the fire is, where the occupants are, and...
- DETECT NOT DECEIVE. Foulkes, Simon // Fire Safety Engineering;Oct2006, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p41
The article focuses on the developments in multi-sensor technology which can allow the system to distinguish between real events and potential false alarms. It has been noted that such improved multi-criteria, multi-sensor fire detectors can sense more than one of the products of combustion as...
- Vodafone's HQ protected by Vigilon system. // Fire Safety Engineering;Nov2003, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p38
Features Vodafone's world headquarters in Newbury, which is protected by a Gent Vigilon analogue addressable fire detection and alarm system. Technologies that have helped keep down installation costs; Composition of the headquarters; Specifications of the Gent fire detection and alarm system.
- FIRESAFE. // Fire Safety Engineering;May2006, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p49
The article presents information on Firesafe's domestic smoke detector range. The company has introduced three 9VDC models. They are an optical detector sensitive to smouldering fires, an ionisation smoke detector and an optical detector.