Care and Feeding of Headhunters
- JOIN THE HEADHUNTER'S INNER CIRCLE. LOEB, MARSHALL; BROWN, ED // Fortune;4/29/1996, Vol. 133 Issue 8, p207
Recommends that people become associated with headhunters and recruiters even while they are gainfully employed. Advantages to being known by headhunters before job loss occurs; The importance of being proactive in this process; Using targeted mailings to get on headhunters' short lists; Keeping...
- Land your dream job. Gunn, Eileen P. // Self;Sep2002, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p130
Discusses benefits of a headhunter advice to individuals looking for a job. Offering of an insider's take on salaries; Helping individuals achieve their long-term goals; Informal career advice.
- DON'T CALL US... Alleyne, Sonia // Black Enterprise;May2003, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p52
Provides tips on how to increase the chances of getting noticed by an executive search firm. Knowledge of the types of recruiters; Knowledge of the industry at which the firm performs; Kind of information that an executive should be prepared to give the firm.
- Go Beyond Your Experience. Trunk, Penelope // California Job Journal;10/26/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 1158, p5
The author suggests tips on job hunting. She states that one must look for the requirements of a company or department during an informational interviews. She also explains the importance of knowing how headhunters source online and of blogging. She notes that one must be true to and believe in...
- NEXT MOVE. // Computer Weekly;8/31/2004, p36
This article presents a solution to a query by a reader on getting noticed by headhunters. The solution is to seek help from a professional career management consultant. He will start by assessing the key factors, including reader's core strengths, his needs from his career, his values and the...
- CAREER CALENDAR. // California Job Journal;6/2/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 1188, p11
A calendar of events for career improvement and for the job seekers for the month of June is presented which includes an orientation for job seekers, a get together of technology professionals, and the monthly meeting of the Goal Achievers Toastmasters Club.
- FOCUS. Mikelat, Mark // California Job Journal;10/26/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 1158, p1
The author emphasizes the importance of a focused job search. He states that one must focus on what he or she wants and not on what he or she does not. He points out that the benefits of the strategy of focus are efficiency and effectiveness in a targeted job search. He adds that one can also...
- Resolve to Put More Effort Into Job Searches. Ayers, Vicky // INSIGHT into Diversity;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 82 Issue 4/5, p11
The article offers suggestions on effective job searches. It notes that one should spend four hours a week to prepare an effective cover letter. It is also suggested that the cover letter should be professional, clean, and accurate. Regular update in rÃ©sum Ã©s to arrange the content in...
- Headhunters 101. Kennedy, Marily Moats // Marketing News;9/15/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 15, p78
The article presents some examples of information that headhunters or employment agencies will not share to job applicants. Headhunters will not provide ugly details about the organization, boss, co-workers or structure. They would not tell also to job applicants how the compensation package was...