The Illinois Extension to the Fujita-Miyazawa Three-Nucleon Force
- THE DEVELOPMENT AND FUTURE OF NUCLEAR ENERGY. Cockcroft, John // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Nov1950, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p325
The article presents the lecture given by the author at Oxford University about the development and the future of nuclear energy. The lecture takes one of the most authoritative and revealing discussions of the possibility of technical utilization of atomic power. According to the author, the...
- Ultracold helium trimers. Kolganova, E. A.; Motovilov, A. K.; Sandhas, W. // Few-Body Systems;Dec2008, Vol. 44 Issue 1-4, p233
We summarize the results on binding energies and scattering observables for 4He-4He2 and 3He-4He2 collisions obtained with the Tang-Toennies-Yiu potential.
- p t -Multiplicity correlations in a multi-pomeron-exchange model with string collective effects. Armesto, N.; Derkach, D. A.; Feofilov, G. A. // Physics of Atomic Nuclei;Dec2008, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p2087
The ã€ˆ p t ã€‰ N ch - N ch correlations experimentally observed in the central rapidity region in pp and p $$ \bar p $$ collisions, in a wide energy range from the ISR to Tevatron, are described in the framework of a multi-Pomeron exchange model in which string collectivity has been...
- High-precision covariant one-boson-exchange potentials for np scattering below 350 MeV. Gross, F.; Stadler, A. // Few-Body Systems;Dec2008, Vol. 44 Issue 1-4, p295
Using the covariant spectator theory (CST), we have found one-boson-exchange (OBE) potentials that fit the 2006 world np data below 350 MeV with a Ï‡2/ N data very close to 1, for a total of 3788 data. Our potentials have significantly fewer adjustable parameters than previous high-precision...
- Theory of hot particle stability. Berk, H. L.; Wong, H. V.; Tsang, K. T. // Physics of Fluids (00319171);Sep87, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p2681
The investigation of stabilization of hot particle drift reversed systems to low frequency modes has been extended to arbitrary hot beta ï¿½H, for systems that have unfavorable field-line curvature. Steep profile equilibria are considered where the thickness of the pressure drop ?, is less...
- May the fifth force be with us? Muir, Hazel // New Scientist;03/01/97, Vol. 153 Issue 2071, p14
Highlights the discovery of an exotic heavy particle at the particle accelerator in Hamburg, Germany. Implications for research; Marriage between quarks and lepton; Probable existence of a fifth physical force outside of gravity, electromagnetism and strong and weak nuclear forces.
- Time-odd effects and the spectroscopic properties of odd-mass fission fragments. Quentin, P.; Minkov, N.; Bonneau, L.; Samsoen, D. // AIP Conference Proceedings;10/15/2009, Vol. 1175 Issue 1, p174
Adding an extra nucleon having a definite K-value to an axially symmetrical even-even core generates a breaking of the time-reversal symmetry. Within the Skyrme-Hartree-Fock approach the effects of the time-odd mean-field terms resulting from the presence of non-vanishing current and spin-vector...
- Mass of the Electron from the Electronic g Factor in Hydrogenlike Carbon — the Influence of Other Fundamental Parameters. Beier, Thomas; Kluge, H.-Jürgen; Quint, Wolfgang; Häffner, Hartmut; Werth, Günther // Hyperfine Interactions;2003, Vol. 146/147 Issue 1-4, p53
The electron's mass determined from the electronic g factor of 12C5+ is given by me=0.000 548 579 909 2 (4) u and has a three times lower error margin than the 1998 CODATA value. We elucidate the influence of the fine-structure constant and the binding energies of the electrons in 12C to this value.
- Î”-isobar effects in the four-nucleon system. Deltuva, A.; Fonseca, A. C.; Sauer, P. U. // Few-Body Systems;Dec2008, Vol. 44 Issue 1-4, p183
The four-nucleon bound state and scattering below three-body breakup threshold are described. The description is based on a realistic coupled-channel potential which allows the excitation of a single nucleon to a Î” isobar. In the four-nucleon system the Î” isobar mediates effective two-,...