The Illinois Extension to the Fujita-Miyazawa Three-Nucleon Force
- THE DEVELOPMENT AND FUTURE OF NUCLEAR ENERGY. Cockcroft, John // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Nov1950, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p325
The article presents the lecture given by the author at Oxford University about the development and the future of nuclear energy. The lecture takes one of the most authoritative and revealing discussions of the possibility of technical utilization of atomic power. According to the author, the...
- High-precision covariant one-boson-exchange potentials for np scattering below 350 MeV. Gross, F.; Stadler, A. // Few-Body Systems;Dec2008, Vol. 44 Issue 1-4, p295
Using the covariant spectator theory (CST), we have found one-boson-exchange (OBE) potentials that fit the 2006 world np data below 350 MeV with a Ï‡2/ N data very close to 1, for a total of 3788 data. Our potentials have significantly fewer adjustable parameters than previous high-precision...
- Ultracold helium trimers. Kolganova, E. A.; Motovilov, A. K.; Sandhas, W. // Few-Body Systems;Dec2008, Vol. 44 Issue 1-4, p233
We summarize the results on binding energies and scattering observables for 4He-4He2 and 3He-4He2 collisions obtained with the Tang-Toennies-Yiu potential.
- p t -Multiplicity correlations in a multi-pomeron-exchange model with string collective effects. Armesto, N.; Derkach, D. A.; Feofilov, G. A. // Physics of Atomic Nuclei;Dec2008, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p2087
The ã€ˆ p t ã€‰ N ch - N ch correlations experimentally observed in the central rapidity region in pp and p $$ \bar p $$ collisions, in a wide energy range from the ISR to Tevatron, are described in the framework of a multi-Pomeron exchange model in which string collectivity has been...
- Theory of hot particle stability. Berk, H. L.; Wong, H. V.; Tsang, K. T. // Physics of Fluids (00319171);Sep87, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p2681
The investigation of stabilization of hot particle drift reversed systems to low frequency modes has been extended to arbitrary hot beta ï¿½H, for systems that have unfavorable field-line curvature. Steep profile equilibria are considered where the thickness of the pressure drop ?, is less...
- May the fifth force be with us? Muir, Hazel // New Scientist;03/01/97, Vol. 153 Issue 2071, p14
Highlights the discovery of an exotic heavy particle at the particle accelerator in Hamburg, Germany. Implications for research; Marriage between quarks and lepton; Probable existence of a fifth physical force outside of gravity, electromagnetism and strong and weak nuclear forces.
- Î”-isobar effects in the four-nucleon system. Deltuva, A.; Fonseca, A. C.; Sauer, P. U. // Few-Body Systems;Dec2008, Vol. 44 Issue 1-4, p183
The four-nucleon bound state and scattering below three-body breakup threshold are described. The description is based on a realistic coupled-channel potential which allows the excitation of a single nucleon to a Î” isobar. In the four-nucleon system the Î” isobar mediates effective two-,...
- New nuclear three-body clusters Ï† NN. Belyaev, V. B.; Sandhas, W.; Shlyk, I. I. // Few-Body Systems;Dec2008, Vol. 44 Issue 1-4, p347
Binding energies of three-body systems of the type Ï† + 2 N are estimated. Due to the strong attraction between Ï†-meson and nucleon, suggested in different approaches, bound states can appear in systems like Ï† + np (singlet and triplet), Ï† + nn and Ï† + pp. This indicates the...
- Recent results from INDRA. FRANKLAND, J. D.; BONNET, E.; BORDERIE, B.; BOUGAULT, R.; CHBIHI, A.; LEHAUT, G. // EPJ Web of Conferences;2012, Issue 31, p00002-p.1
We present an overview of recent results & advances within the INDRA collaboration.