The private and public nature of disease: art as a transformative medium
- New Releases by Parra. // Art Business News;Nov2005, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p24
Reports that Bruce McGraw Graphics, an art gallery in West Nyack, New York, introduces new art work by the artist Luis Parra. Paper size of the art work; Price of the art work; Contact information of Bruce McGraw Graphics.
- Kate Kretz: Embroidered Dreams. Adsit, Janelle // Fiberarts;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p80
The article features a series of revelatory bed pillows by artist Kate Kretz. One of the first pillows in the series, opens a human mouth to a hidden world of inner maelstrom. The author asserts that Kretz's recent work, Ebb, shows the intricacies of the eyes themselves. Kretz embroiders with...
- Real world role models. Farrelly, Liz // Eye (0960779X);Summer2007, Vol. 16 Issue 64, p91
The article reviews the exhibition "Nine Femmes Graphistes/ Nine Women in Graphic Design," at the Centre du Graphisme d' Ã‰chirolles in IsÃ¨re, France.
- Contemporary Issues: Works on Paper by Women. Stein, Judith E. // Art Journal;Jun77, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p328
Discusses key issues relevant to art works on paper by women artists. Artistic styles; Criticism and interpretation; Range of topics and subject matter explored by the art works.
- APIE ROLANDO RIMKÅªNO KÅªRYBÄ„: TAI, KAS DEDASI MUMYSE, TAIP PAT YRA VISATOS DALIS. Šapoka, Kęstutis // Acta Academiae Artium Vilnensis;2013, Issue 70, p93
The article discusses the works of the Kaunas' artist Rolandas RimkÅ«nas through the specific means of contextual view. Preferential attention is focused on RimkÅ«nas' biography that is seen in terms of the larger cultural, social and historical contexts. The author of this article argued...
- A Near Brush. Fields-Meyer, Thomas; Stambler, Lyndon // People;12/3/2001, Vol. 56 Issue 23, p111
Profiles Katherine Sherwood, an artist who recovered from a stroke to continue her painting career.
- ALFREDOS VENSLOVAITÄ–S-GINTALIENÄ–S LUNAPOLIAI. Rachlevičiūtė, Ramutė // Acta Academiae Artium Vilnensis;2011, Issue 62, p135
The prints created by Alfreda VenslovaitÄ—-GintalienÄ— in 80s-90s of the previous century received very few evaluations in general reviews of art exhibitions from art critics at the time of their creation. Not a single article has been written on her creation. Over the last two decades...
- TRYS BIÄŒIULÄ–S, TRYS GRAFIKÄ–S: IRENA DAUKÅ AITÄ–, ELVYRA KATALINA KRIAUÄŒIÅªNAITÄ– IR NIJOLÄ– Å ALTENYTÄ–. Urbonienė, Regina // Acta Academiae Artium Vilnensis;2011, Issue 62, p159
The article presents an overview of creation of three graphic artists of one generation and graduates from one and the same artistic school, colleagues and close friends Irena DaukÅ¡aitÄ—, Elvyra Katalina KriauÄiÅ«naitÄ— and NijolÄ— Å altenytÄ—, which was carried out on the...
- BETTY BIVINS EDWARDS. Edwards, Betty Bivins // Flannery O'Connor Review;2007, Vol. 5, p74
Several images of the paintings of Betty Bivins Edwards are presented including "The Pink Tea," "Sunday Dinner for the Preacher," and "Sisters."