Self-Adhering Insulation helps Ease Demanding hospital HVAC Renovation
- School HVAC Noise Levels a Case of Internal Affairs? WEisenberger, Geoff // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Aug2004, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the problem of ventilation noise in classrooms associated with poor performance in school. Implications for limited vocabulary in children; Installation of internal duct insulation in schools; Increase in the use of fiberglass duct lining.
- Hospital Fights Outdoor Air Contaminants. Checket-Hanks, B. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/7/2005, Vol. 226 Issue 10, p19
Focuses on the approach of the Vancouver General Hospital in addressing outdoor air contaminants during its demolition project in Vancouver, British Columbia. Improvement of its existing filtration to ensure air quality was maintained inside the surgical day care center; Measurement of the total...
- Hospital has its cooling -- and heats with it, too. // Engineered Systems;Jul2006, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p16
The article discusses the innovative design provided by Veazey, Parrott, Durkin & Shoulders regarding the condensing boilers of Evansville State Hospital in Indiana. The firm chose the dedicated heat recovery chiller (DHRC) since condensers allow for a lower heating water temperature design of...
- A Precision Operation. Greim, Clifton; Garrison, Don; Marchessautt, Raymond E. // Engineered Systems;Jul2006, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p32
The article discusses the design and installation of a new heating, ventilating, and air conditioning system in Franklin Memorial Hospital in Farmington, Maine. Several parameters surrounding the design and operation of the system include the improved space environmental control, designing the...
- Test Method To Quantify The Wicking Properties Of Porous Insulation Materials Designed To Prevent Interstitial Condensation. Binder, Andrea; Zirkelbach, Daniel; Künzel, Hartwig // AIP Conference Proceedings;5/30/2010, Vol. 1254 Issue 1, p242
Applying an interior insulation often is the only option for a thermal retrofit, especially when heritage buildings are concerned. In doing so, the original construction becomes colder in winter and interstitial condensation may occur. The common way to avoid harmful condensation beneath the...
- Brushing Up on Fiberglass Duct Insulation. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/18/2013, Vol. 250 Issue 12, p4
An abstract of the article "Brushing Up on Fiberglass Duct Insulation" is presented.
- Sustainable ventilation in hospitals? Shuttleworth, Linden // Heating & Ventilating Review;May2010, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p35
The article compares the effectiveness of the traditional and conventional ventilation system and the displacement ventilation system in a hospital environment. Studies reveal that lower airflow displacement ventilation is better than the higher airflow conventional one when it comes to...
- Hospital system performs successful hvac transplant. // Engineered Systems;Jun99, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p22
Discusses the heating, ventilation and air conditioning retrofit at the North Broward Hospital District in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Customized plan for individual facility enhancements; Project challenge; Building automation system; Advantages and benefits.
- Addressing IAQ concerns in Medical Facilities. Martin, John // Engineered Systems;Jun99, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p53
Discusses the development of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems to address indoor air quality (IAQ) concerns in the health care market. Goals of good hospital system; Maintaining optimal humidity control; Importance of well-designed air-handling system; Preventing spread of...