Activity-based hospital funding: boon or boondoggle?
- News @ a glance. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;8/15/2006, Vol. 175 Issue 4, p343
This section presents news briefs relating to medical care in Canada. Dr. Jack Burak is planning to challenge Dr. Brian Day, the nominee of the British Columbia Medical Association, for the presidency of the Canadian Medical Association in 2007-2008. There was an increase of 17 percent in the...
- Quebec task force proposes doctors' fees. Spurgeon, David // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/1/2008, Vol. 336 Issue 7642, p471
The article reports on set of recommendations on Quebec, Canada's healthcare system which were issued by a cross party task force and its chairman Claude Castonguay. In the report the force recommended an increase in sales tax, an introduction of user fees and greater privatization to help...
- Government tells hospitals to tighten up cleaning contracts. McGauran, Ann // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);12/11/2004, Vol. 329 Issue 7479, p1361
Reports that the UK government has launched new guidance to help hospitals get cleaner in an effort to reduce hospital infections; Advice on evaluating and awarding cleaning contracts for quality and price; Setting of minimum standards of cleanliness; Reaction which is to a study that estimated...
- Medical Payment. // Illinois Register;7/19/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 29, p10941
The article focuses on a notice of proposed amendments regarding medical payments as proposed by the Department of Healthcare and Family Services of Illinois. It mentions that the amendments focus on the implementation of outpatient hospital assessments and outpatient hospital payments. It...
- A new Day for Canada's health care system. Day, Brian // Asian Pacific Post;8/24/2006, p16
The article focuses on issues related to the health care system in Canada. The debate over the future of the country's ailing public Medicare system took the spotlight recently with the election of Vancouver doctor Brian Day as president-elect of the Canadian Medical Association. The election of...
- Storm of protest at supercritical eligibility band. // Community Care;12/9/2010, Issue 1847, p8
The article reports that the Birmingham Council has set the eligibility framework criteria for personal care services in England.
- Economic Trends. Ratajczak, Donald // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Sep2000, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the improvement on the health component of the consumer price index (CPI) in the United States. Record on health care inflation; Efficiency in the procurement of supplies; Use of drug therapy; Promise of genome mapping; Cost for professional services as a source of inflation;...
- Benefit managers sum up another tough year. Prince, Michael; Roberts, Sally // Business Insurance;12/23/2002 Double Issue, Vol. 36 Issue 51, p10
Presents information about health care cost for the year 2002. Introduction of changes by benefits managers; Re-examination of health care programs; Changes in quality of health care programs.
- Declining health care costs. Hoppszallern, Suzanna // Materials Management in Health Care;Mar2001, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p32
Presents a chart related to the cost of selected outpatient procedures in the United States.