Hepatotoxicity of fast food?
- EAT THISâ€¦ AT PIZZA HUT. // Men's Fitness;Nov2007, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p24
The article offers tips to eating at Pizza Hut. To steer clear of pizza, prefer the bread sticks but do not eat the whole serving. Round out the meal with the mild variety of hot wings. Also, ease up on the blue cheese dipping sauce as well. Use about a teaspoon of the sauce.
- Get off the fat track. Cote, Marcel // CA Magazine;Dec2000, Vol. 133 Issue 10, p68
Discusses the obesity problem in industrial countries. Consequences of the problem on public health and economic well-being; Factors that contributed to the rise of obesity rates; Why the fast-food diet of consumers would be hard to change; How to change the eating habits of the society.
- Four Dietary Templates: Which One Is for You? Varona, Verne // Macrobiotics Today;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p5
The author presents an overview of four macrobiotic dietary templates. One is the New Multicultural Macrobiotic Template, which recommends less grain and more vegetables with the option of fruits and animal protein. Another is the Macrobiotic Weight-Loss Template, which emphasizes eating...
- EFFECTIVENESS OF AN EDUCATIONAL INTERVENTION TO REDUCE THE CONSUMPTION OF HIGH-CALORIE FOODS IN PUBLIC SCHOOL CHILDREN IN TERESINA, PIAUÃ (BRAZIL). Dos Santos, Marize Melo; Oliveira, Vanessa Passos; Teixeira Lima, Sueli Maria; Clímaco Cruz, Kyria Jayanne; De Oliveira, Ana Raquel Soares; Severo, Juliana Soares; Melo dos Santos, Marize; Passos Oliveira, Vanessa; Soares de Oliveira, Ana Raquel; Soares Severo, Juliana // Nutricion Hospitalaria;ago2015, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p622
Introduction:there is high prevalence of overweight and poor food habits among adolescents, and these factors contribute to the development of chronic diseases. Objective:the aim of this study was to evaluate the effectiveness of an educational intervention designed to...
- No big gains in the war on obesity, studies find. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;10/19/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 39, p4
The article presents the findings of two studies which show that menu-labeling initiatives and fastfood bans are not helping to improve eating habits in the U.S. It cites a study which finds that residents in south central Los Angeles, California did not improve their diets or reduce obesity...
- More Hambaagaa, Less Sushi: Japan Chows Down Western Food. Gaouette, Nichole // Christian Science Monitor;10/23/98, Vol. 90 Issue 231, p7
Discusses the impact of a change in the diet of many Japanese as of late 1998. Mention of statistics on men's weight in light of the demise of traditional foods in favor of Western food; Assimilation of Western food in Japan; Suggestion that McDonald's quick expansion is one measure of the...
- Eating on the Run. // USA Today Magazine;Jul91, Vol. 120 Issue 2554, p7
Offers tips on eating healthy while on the move. Planning the type of food to bring during long road trips; Sound choices of food from vending machines; Selection of dishes in restaurant menus; Lower fat alternatives to fast food meals.
- Easy ways TO DIET SUCCESS. // Health & Fitness Magazine;Feb2015, p52
The article provides suggestions for developing healthy eating habits. Topics discussed include training the brain to eat healthy foods, avoiding fast foods, and looking for alternative to eating sweets and chocolates. Also mentioned are looking at pictures and imagining eating food, shopping...
- A BUSY GIRL'S GUIDE TO healthy eating. // Cleo;Nov2015, p112
The article offers tips on how to maintain healthy eating habits despite a busy schedule. Topics discussed include having a meal plan for the full week, opting for salads or vegetable soups when forced to eat takeout foods and the health risks of going on a juice cleanse. Also discussed are...