MANAGING THE MIX OF OLD AND NEW
- Can anyone really 'manage' their boss? Yager, Ed // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;7/11/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p8
Offers pieces of advice on the role of managers in industrial leadership. Influence of managers to the decisions of company leaders; Attitude of managers toward the recognition of accomplishments; Law of sales.
- driving human capital with 'intelligence': metrics make you smarter. Spence, Sharon // Human Resources Magazine;Feb/Mar2010, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p12
The article discusses obtaining right facts and using these facts to understand complex problems in running an organization. Human resource managers and executives are advised in this article, to make use of strategic segmentation and analytic for making key decisions. The use of technology to...
- Preferences of Industrial Managers for Information Sources in Making Promotion Decisions. Taylor, Ronald N. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Apr75, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p269
Information sources used by industrial managers in making promotion decisions were investigated. The study attempted (a) to determine the preferences of managers for sources of information typically available, and (b) to see to what extent the professed preferences for information sources were...
- How Leaders Can Let Go Without Losing Control. Bonchek, Mark // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;6/2/2016, p2
The author discusses issues in business management, particularly how leaders can let go without losing control of their staff, citing the importance of contextualized doctrine and principles-based management strategy in empowering decision making.
- DON'T CONFUSE DOING THE RIGHT THING WITH KNOWING THE RIGHT THING TO DO. Feuer, Michael // Smart Business Chicago;Dec2012, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p23
The article discusses proper decision making among business establishment leaders. It states that customers, investors, employees, and the community are the core priorities of businesses upon making a move. It mentions that sudden decisions leave a long-lasting dilemma to the company. It adds...
- RECOVERY FEAT. Seeds, Dennis // Smart Business Indianapolis;Apr2012, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p10
The article informs about several ways which helped Wabash National Corp.'s chief executive officer (CEO) Dick Giromini to sail his company through recession in the U.S. and direct it to the path of positive growth. It states that when a company faces financial challenges, a CEO needs to be...
- When you lose respect, you lose your authority. Feuer, Michael // Smart Business Northern California;Nov2010, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p22
The article looks at the lessons and principles to be applied for organizational decision-making and personnel management. It presents a comparison of the decision-making approaches done by the police and the executives in responding to critical issues. According to the author, to be successful...
- Impact of Resource Based View and Resource Dependence Theory on Strategic Decision Making. Nemati, Ali Raza; Bhatti, Afkar Majeed; Maqsal, Muhammad; Mansoor, Immad; Naveed, Fariha // International Journal of Business & Management;Dec2010, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p110
This paper aims to investigate different factors determining strategic Decision making. This study attempts to identify the role of RBV and RDT and its impact on strategic Decision making. It has been seen that different strategies has to be made to get competitive advantage keeping in mind...
- Formar directivos coach. Gonzalez, Rafael // Capital Humano;Nov2011, Vol. 24 Issue 259, p32
No abstract available.