THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
- Becoming a Better Boss. // Developing Leaders;Autumn2013, Issue 13, p76
The article reviews the book "Becoming a Better Boss: Why Good Management is So Difficult" by Julian Birkinshaw.
- Towards a new definition. // People Management;9/16/2010, p18
The article reviews the book "Reinventing Management: Smarter Choices for Getting Work Done," by Julian Birkinshaw.
- EXAMPLES OF INNOVATION THAT CAN HELP YOU STAY A GIANT STEP AHEAD. Pass, Sarah // People Management;11/29/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 24, p44
The article reviews the book "Giant Steps in Management," by Michael Mol and Julian Birkinshaw.
- Thoughts on empowerment. Maurer, Rick // Poptronics;Mar2000, Vol. 1 Issue 3, pPR-5
Offers tips on employee empowerment. Value of empowerment; Foundation of good empowerment efforts; Bedrock for initiatives to increase empowerment; Recommended questions to being a company's conversation on empowerment.
- Empowerment, The Key To Exceptional Service. Brownell, Eileen // American Salesman;Aug2000, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p20
Discusses the importance of empowerment in the management of staff. Reasons for the failure of organizations to create an empowered work environment; Attitude of employees who are empowered; Benefits of an empowered organizations.
- Empowering others improves workplace quality. Sitterly, Connie // Business Press;10/09/98, Vol. 11 Issue 22, p35
Focuses on the benefits of employee empowerment. Importance of getting employees involved in business management; Definition of empowerment; Challenges of the employee empowerment process for business enterprises.
- Walk the talk: Power up your empowerment program. Perry, Phillip M. // Materials Management in Health Care;Feb98, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p36
Discusses five steps on how to apply the open book management that extends the idea of empowerment. Plan for success; Moving gradually and steadily; Sharing the numbers; Letting the games begin; Sharing the wealth. INSET: Check out these books..
- Empowering questions. // Communication Briefings;Jan2014, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p6
The article presents examples of questions that help empower the employees including asking the things needed to achieve the objectives and support to ensure success.
- A lesson in delegating authority. // Executive Leadership;Jan2010, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p5
The article presents a discussion on the how empower employees adapted from the "Leaders Who Empower: Why Kenny Kicks Tiffany's Butt Every Time," by Mike Figliuolo.